Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can you enable the rear fog light via Toolbox?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There's a rear fog light? Only 2018?
No, should be on any, including Model Y/X/S.. it's just not enabled in the US, but the factory wiring diagram shows it's there and it's marked on the back of the lamp..

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-22 at 2.49.56 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-22 at 2.49.56 PM.png
    124.4 KB · Views: 236
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 160
  • Informative
Reactions: zoomer0056
In the photo posed above, it looks doesn't look like a tail light, it looks like a single individual lamp on the inboard corner of the tail light.

I would suspect this is county specific like the matrix headlights. I have never seen that in the US.

Just a thought, but if the car has them, but they are not showing up in the menu screen, I wonder if they would show up during the light show? I have never looked. If they do show up in the light show, then I suspect they could be enabled in the toolbox.

To answer OP's question - it can't be done with the public facing version of toolbox. You need a higher level of access.

If you have the global taillamps (whether from the factory or retrofitted) and can get someone to change the configuration, they can be enabled

View attachment 1015659

View attachment 1015660
Is this toggled on with global tail lamps too? Can you PM the line?