Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can you finally sign into YouTube on Plaid?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did they finally fix the issue of signing into YouTube on Plaid / new LR Model S?

On the Model 3 and Y, you cannot sign into YouTube because the browser is “not secure.” There was a trick to sign in on another site and then go back to YouTube which used to work - but it doesn’t anymore.

Reactions: (crunch)
I still get this
PXL_20210712_175450766.jpg

Doesn’t work for me.
You disabled 2 factor in your youtube acct on desktop/iPhone/whatever, then logged in in the car?
Yes. Also there is a keyboard bug that I reported to Tesla and potentially affects a lot of people, I'm now realizing.

Note: This is only of interest if Google appears to reject your password as invalid. If it accepts the password but moves on and fails later, this won't help.

If you hit shift (capital letters) on the main keyboard and use the number keys on the far right THEY DON'T TYPE NUMBERS! Even more interesting is the fact that this ONLY HAPPENS IN PASSWORD FIELDS, NOT NORMAL TEXT ONES. If your password has numbers there is a very good chance this bug invisibly affects you, and I spent 20 minutes typing my password to this very forum until clicking "show password" and seeing that it wasn't actually inputting what I was typing. The fix is to simply make sure to deselect shift on the screen based keyboard when typing numbers in your password.

LMK if this is related to anyones' issue, and apologies for not posting about this sooner. I wanted to throw my (virtual) keyboard when I realized I had typed my password correctly 30 times and that the issue was a UI bug.

If you have 2-factor enabled for your Google account, try signing in with an app password instead of disabling 2-factor: Sign in with App Passwords - Google Account Help

App passwords can/should only be used once (but will keep you signed in), and allow devices/apps that Google considers less secure to sign in to your Google account.
I tried. App specific passwords do not work.

• Helpful
Reactions: Ambroos