Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can you get a M3 with adjustment after placing an order?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I placed an order on LR RWD on 5/21. Do OAs still work with you in getting you a car with adjustment or nah? Has that boat sailed? Only asking as no contact from OA since placing the order and I was under the impression that he was gonna send me adjusted cars to review as he sees them. Did he just get me to order it so I'm on hook and then he doesn't have to actually work with me to get me an adjusted car?

One of my buddies just got an AWD with 4k adjustment which brings the price to LR RWD level. It was an inventory car at the place I'm gonna take delivery from. I feel like I missed out.

Should I work with a different OA and just plan on cancelling the original order if I find an adjusted car with a different OA?

I just wanted a referral credit added and they told me cancelling the original order was the only way to do it

It would raise my price $900 for the SR. So I'm going to keep it as is. I would cancel the original order for a price reduction though

So I placed an order on LR RWD on 5/21. Do OAs still work with you in getting you a car with adjustment or nah? Has that boat sailed? Only asking as no contact from OA since placing the order and I was under the impression that he was gonna send me adjusted cars to review as he sees them. Did he just get me to order it so I'm on hook and then he doesn't have to actually work with me to get me an adjusted car?

One of my buddies just got an AWD with 4k adjustment which brings the price to LR RWD level. It was an inventory car at the place I'm gonna take delivery from. I feel like I missed out.

Should I work with a different OA and just plan on cancelling the original order if I find an adjusted car with a different OA?

Had you already been assigned an OA before you ordered? If not, you may have more luck with an inside sales associate. Although I decided not to tie up $2500 on an order in the hopes of getting one with a price adjustment as they can’t transfer deposits from one VIN to the next, I just worked directly with inside sales to find inventory with price adjustments from the start. If you’d like the contact info that helped me, PM me.

Had you already been assigned an OA before you ordered? If not, you may have more luck with an inside sales associate. Although I decided not to tie up $2500 on an order in the hopes of getting one with a price adjustment as they can’t transfer deposits from one VIN to the next, I just worked directly with inside sales to find inventory with price adjustments from the start. If you’d like the contact info that helped me, PM me.
I'm working with an OA who talked me into putting a deposit down on a new order saying no adjustments expected. Of course, have seen more than a few adjustments since then

YMMV. When I called a different store they said you already have an inside sales associate. Not sure what the difference is b/t that and OA? He also said I'd have to work with my DA for VIN assignment.
When I spoke to my inside sales associate (based in Fremont), they did mention it seems that you are working with an associate in the store. My reply was: "Yes, I don't like that person. I'd like to work with you to see if I can get a car with a price adjustment." A couple of days later I was taking delivery of my car with $3700 off.

• Informative
Reactions: vickh and SoManyM3s
I've seen too many people put in full retail price orders and then try to switch OAs to get an inventory deal and generally, no other OA will touch you as you have already been logged in as working for them already. However, you can push your OA to try to find you an inventory deal, but checking the numbers on Friday, there wasn't much left. The other option is to simply cancel and wait for more inventory cars to be released and check Tesla Showroom Deals on FB groups for posts for more deals to be posted.

• Informative
Reactions: SoManyM3s