Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can you install 21-inch Arachnids staggered wheels on a 75D that came with 19" standard wheels?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
yes its that much sometimes more... i had 21s on both my S (P85+, P85D) and consistently saw that drop off driving over 80k miles.. on tesla website that is what they state as well.. its due to increased weight of wheels/tires .. greater rolling resistance.....since you have a smaller battery and live in area where roads probably not as good maybe good option is look at Tsportline 20s .. they look nice and are lighter... the stock 21s are just really heavy.. although they do look nice :eek:

They are not as light as the 19s :(...if you don’t drive far than it’s probably a non issue ..the issue than becomes like other poster mentioned u can’t rotate ..I found on my P85D I was getting 15k miles max in my staggered 21s. 21s are also limited in tire selection ...my X with 22s is cheaper to find tire replacement with more selection ..that said I would never put 19s on my S :eek:

Yes but you will lose range ~15% ..since you have smaller battery that will suck ...although 21s look the best on an S :);)

I'd expect some range loss--but is it really as much as 15%, how come so much?
Arachnids are supposed to be the lightest of the 21” sets no?

I know I know...it’s also about rolling resistance lol.

They are not as light as the 19s :(...if you don’t drive far than it’s probably a non issue ..the issue than becomes like other poster mentioned u can’t rotate ..I found on my P85D I was getting 15k miles max in my staggered 21s. 21s are also limited in tire selection ...my X with 22s is cheaper to find tire replacement with more selection ..that said I would never put 19s on my S :eek:

A lot of misinformation has been posted here :cool:

My current Model S with 21" Arachnid wheels gets the same range compared to my 19" OEM wheels.
The Tesla forged 21" Arachnid wheels are lighter and stronger than both the 21" and 19" OEM wheels.

For the record: The Tesla Model S Wheel Guide

19" Model S Base Wheel
  • Size: 19X8.0"
  • Weight: 29.5 lbs
21" Turbine Wheel
  • Size: 21X8.5"
  • Weight: 21x8.5" = ~35.2 lbs, 21x9.0" = ~38 lbs
21" Arachnid Wheel
  • Size: 21X8.5" front, 21X9.0" rear.
  • Weight: 21x8.5" = 27.85 lbs, 21x9.0" = ~ 28.75 lbs

I forgot to mention the Arachnids look great too... :cool:

IMG_6847.JPG

IMG_6842.JPG

Reactions: PaulusdB and P85_DA
A lot of misinformation has been posted here :cool:

My current Model S with 21" Arachnid wheels gets the same range compared to my 19" OEM wheels.
The Tesla forged 21" Arachnid wheels are lighter and stronger than both the 21" and 19" OEM wheels.

For the record: The Tesla Model S Wheel Guide

19" Model S Base Wheel
  • Size: 19X8.0"
  • Weight: 29.5 lbs
21" Turbine Wheel
  • Size: 21X8.5"
  • Weight: 21x8.5" = ~35.2 lbs, 21x9.0" = ~38 lbs
21" Arachnid Wheel
  • Size: 21X8.5" front, 21X9.0" rear.
  • Weight: 21x8.5" = 27.85 lbs, 21x9.0" = ~ 28.75 lbs

This is the correct answer. We have a MS60D that came with 19” wheels. The SC gave us and installed our 21” Staggered Arachnid wheels through the referral program. So they are officially supported and fit. We did not notice a significant decrease in range or increase in consumption over the last 10,000 miles.

This is a drastic difference compared to our X which increases consumption and loses 8-10% of range going from the 20s to 22s.

• Informative
Reactions: BHCLUC