Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can you make final payment on day of after seeing the car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Or do you have to submit final payment prior to delivery day? All verbiage seems to indicate that as being the case, but I figure lots want to pay after seeing the vehicle.

The answer to this question depends on what state you are in, and their rules around sales of teslas in that state. The people telling you " you can pay at pickup" are all in states that allow tesla sales in the state. That isnt true everywhere, so "you can pay at pickup" is also not true in every state.

The answer to this question depends on what state you are in, and their rules around sales of teslas in that state. The people telling you " you can pay at pickup" are all in states that allow tesla sales in the state. That isnt true everywhere, so "you can pay at pickup" is also not true in every state.

That's fair. I reached out to my SA (or a SA?).. whoever replied to my text. They said I could pay with a cashiers check day of, but i'm curious if they are paying attention to things like what state i'm in, when they reply to my text. I don't really understand the SA process - as in are the SA's tied typically to the region/area you're in, etc.

That's fair. I reached out to my SA (or a SA?).. whoever replied to my text. They said I could pay with a cashiers check day of, but i'm curious if they are paying attention to things like what state i'm in, when they reply to my text. I don't really understand the SA process - as in are the SA's tied typically to the region/area you're in, etc.
That also depends on whether you went to a tesla store to order, or ordered online. I believe its a call center / text center in general, unless you went to a store to order.

I dont know where "SLC" is, but in most cases, you can pay at pickup. There are still a handful of states that dont allow Tesla direct sales though.

I was able to make final payment after I inspected car (Ohio - January 22) Leading up to delivery day I dealt with my local sales advisor via text mostly. I just asked if I could pay with a check on delivery day after i inspected. They said they preferred an ACH payment which was fine with me.

That also depends on whether you went to a tesla store to order, or ordered online. I believe its a call center / text center in general, unless you went to a store to order.

I dont know where "SLC" is, but in most cases, you can pay at pickup. There are still a handful of states that dont allow Tesla direct sales though.

I ordered online. SLC - Salt Lake City, Utah. I'm picking up my car from an actual Tesla store so I could probably just call them directly and ask tbh.

It was not true in Texas. I had to pay in full before I ever saw the car.