TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Can you purchase a pre painted front bumper cover?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by z06tim, Sep 27, 2019.

1. z06tim

z06tim Member

5 days after owning my car, I was driving to get lunch during my break and some young punk threw a beer bottle at my car and dented the front bumper and messed up the paint in multiple places. Obviously I am pissed and sad at the same time. I wasn't able to get the plates off the car that threw it at me on the tesla footage as the whole backend of the car was smashed in like it had been in a bunch of accidents and it had no front plate.

Anyway, I talked to my insurance and they only want to pay for a repaint and I refuse to go down that route on a 5 day old car. They only offered $593.08 for the fix. Is there a way to purchase a factory painted front bumper straight from tesla? And if so what is the cost?

Thanks!

2. CharleyBC

CharleyBC Active Member

Call 'em and ask. I bought some lesser body parts directly from our local Tesla parts department.

Don't forget you'll have the six ultrasonic thingies to move over.

3. MacGreiner

Seriously, what is wrong with people these days.

• Like x 1
  4. jboy210

jboy210 Supporting Member

Jealous! OP is successful. Other guy is not successful and blames OP.

5. MacGreiner

Tim - where in MD? I want to make sure I look out for them. Do you think it was stolen?

6. Nopantz

Nopantz Member

I had a blem on my front bumper on delivery. Tesla paid $1200+ to a body shop to repaint it. So I would think the answer is "no".

7. superblast

superblast Member

Yes you can! Only certainTesla service centers do body work but give them a call and they can tell you where the nearest location is. I had mine replaced and it came pre-painted from the factory and was around $1000 installed. It took a couple of weeks to get the bumper and they gave me a loaner vehicle while they replaced it. Got it back a few hours later and it looks flawless.

• Like x 1
  8. youtalking2me

youtalking2me Member

Seconded, where in MD?

9. z06tim

z06tim Member

Near Jessup

10. TechVP

TechVP Active Poster

I'm a MX owner, yet on this very topic I did have the Portland OR SC confirm to me that, yes they can get (albeit) only M3 related parts, pre-painted. Bumper specifically.
    I think you will have some luck if you look into it further.
    -TechVP

11. Theshadows

Theshadows Active Member

You should be able to. Someone drove over the front corner of our car in a pickup pulling out of a parking space and the quarter panel and the bumper were destroyed. Tesla service center fixed it in 2 hours once the preprinted parts arrived from the factory. Paint is a perfect match. No blending or anything. Unbolted the broken pieces and put the new ones on.

Cost was 1/2 of what the insurance company quoted.

• Like x 1