Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can you purchase a pre painted front bumper cover?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
5 days after owning my car, I was driving to get lunch during my break and some young punk threw a beer bottle at my car and dented the front bumper and messed up the paint in multiple places. Obviously I am pissed and sad at the same time. I wasn't able to get the plates off the car that threw it at me on the tesla footage as the whole backend of the car was smashed in like it had been in a bunch of accidents and it had no front plate.

Anyway, I talked to my insurance and they only want to pay for a repaint and I refuse to go down that route on a 5 day old car. They only offered $593.08 for the fix. Is there a way to purchase a factory painted front bumper straight from tesla? And if so what is the cost?

Thanks!

Yes you can! Only certainTesla service centers do body work but give them a call and they can tell you where the nearest location is. I had mine replaced and it came pre-painted from the factory and was around $1000 installed. It took a couple of weeks to get the bumper and they gave me a loaner vehicle while they replaced it. Got it back a few hours later and it looks flawless.

Reactions: z06tim
5 days after owning my car, I was driving to get lunch during my break and some young punk threw a beer bottle at my car and dented the front bumper and messed up the paint in multiple places. Obviously I am pissed and sad at the same time. I wasn't able to get the plates off the car that threw it at me on the tesla footage as the whole backend of the car was smashed in like it had been in a bunch of accidents and it had no front plate.

Anyway, I talked to my insurance and they only want to pay for a repaint and I refuse to go down that route on a 5 day old car. They only offered $593.08 for the fix. Is there a way to purchase a factory painted front bumper straight from tesla? And if so what is the cost?

Thanks!

Seconded, where in MD?

You should be able to. Someone drove over the front corner of our car in a pickup pulling out of a parking space and the quarter panel and the bumper were destroyed. Tesla service center fixed it in 2 hours once the preprinted parts arrived from the factory. Paint is a perfect match. No blending or anything. Unbolted the broken pieces and put the new ones on.

Cost was 1/2 of what the insurance company quoted.

Reactions: z06tim