Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can you recommend an Xpel installer in San Antonio, TX?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought I was going to skip wrapping my car but after 3 months I'm getting a lot of rock chips and a scuff. Also somebody decided to key my door.
The paint on this car is extremely soft and easy to damage. I had a Volvo before, almost the same color grey, it had barely a blemish after driving it for 10 years.
Did anyone wrap their car with an installer here in San Antonio?
Roughly how much does it cost? I read stories of people getting $10K quotes for a full wrap. That gets close to repainting the car.
Any input would be appreciated.

I thought I was going to skip wrapping my car but after 3 months I'm getting a lot of rock chips and a scuff. Also somebody decided to key my door.
The paint on this car is extremely soft and easy to damage. I had a Volvo before, almost the same color grey, it had barely a blemish after driving it for 10 years.
Did anyone wrap their car with an installer here in San Antonio?
Roughly how much does it cost? I read stories of people getting $10K quotes for a full wrap. That gets close to repainting the car.
Any input would be appreciated.

Hello, I have not had my car wrapped in Xpel but I know some friends who have (one has a Tesla) and Jay's Detail on Nakoma does a great job. He recently estimated it for me to be around $5-6K for a full wrap. I think that is a reasonable price from the research I've done. I have had Jay do other work for me (tint and CQuartz) and I've been very pleased with his attention to detail.

If you need any more information, please feel free to DM me. I can introduce you to Jay, if interested, or you are welcome to mention my name.

Good luck!

Regards,
Ben Lee

I had a mixed experience with their main location. Left my new car smelling like a fast food joint (smelled like a whopper for days) and they nicked the inside lip of my drivers side window while tinting. Didn’t notice it until about a week later and barely noticeable...but it’s there. Weak case to bring it back and have them make it right. And, despite hand washing as instructed, front end wrap seams are building up grime (silver paint color). Glad I did the front end bumper only, and a good tint job, but glad I didn’t do more.