TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Can you recommend an Xpel installer in San Antonio, TX?

Discussion in 'Texas' started by Bauhaus, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Bauhaus

Bauhaus Member

I thought I was going to skip wrapping my car but after 3 months I'm getting a lot of rock chips and a scuff. Also somebody decided to key my door.
    The paint on this car is extremely soft and easy to damage. I had a Volvo before, almost the same color grey, it had barely a blemish after driving it for 10 years.
    Did anyone wrap their car with an installer here in San Antonio?
    Roughly how much does it cost? I read stories of people getting $10K quotes for a full wrap. That gets close to repainting the car.
    Any input would be appreciated.

2. benjiejr

benjiejr Technogeekextraordinaire

Hello, I have not had my car wrapped in Xpel but I know some friends who have (one has a Tesla) and Jay's Detail on Nakoma does a great job. He recently estimated it for me to be around $5-6K for a full wrap. I think that is a reasonable price from the research I've done. I have had Jay do other work for me (tint and CQuartz) and I've been very pleased with his attention to detail.

If you need any more information, please feel free to DM me. I can introduce you to Jay, if interested, or you are welcome to mention my name.

Good luck!

Regards,
    Ben Lee

3. TexasEV

TexasEV Active Member

4. Bauhaus

Bauhaus Member

Thanks, I will contact both.

5. XPEL

XPEL Vendor

Yes! Our corporate headquarters is based out of San Antonio, and we have an installation center here as well.

If you would like to check our dealer locator it will show you the other authorized installers in san antonio that do paint protection film also: XPEL DEALER LOCATOR

6. Firewired

Firewired Member

I had XPEL and tint done by Jay. Can't say enough good things about his customer service and his attention to detail.

7. jay o

jay o Member

Thank you guys/gals for the recommendations. Bauhaus if you have any questions or concerns regarding anything on paint protection film, spectra photo sync window film, Glareshield screen protector or Quartz Finest. I would be glad to assist you in any way i can. You can check my website as well Home - Jays Premier Auto Detailer

8. Shaggy

Shaggy Member

We missed you at the Austin Auto show this year. I'm thinking it's too small to bother with anymore... #sadpanda

9. Joseph Torbati

Joseph Torbati Local Vendor - NorCal

Jay's detail is there. I really can't speak highly enough. Jay was in my shop for a week and his film installs are amazing. Not sure about other in the area but Jay's work I saw was top notch! Cant go wrong there.

10. jay o

jay o Member

#10 jay o, Sep 3, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
    thanks for the recommendation Joe!