Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can you relocate the vent button on the app?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm having issues with my fat fingers pressing the vent button when I increase the climate control temperature setting in the app.
I know you can relocate a lot of the other app controls (locking, open charger port, etc etc), but cannot find a way to move the vent one from the climate control screen, can anyone assist?

Tesla app screenshot 151221.jpg

Genuine question. Why do you need to keep charging it? I set my climate control to a comfortable temperature and its been there ever since I got the car. Very occasionally I'll set it to a different temp when driving, but I've never seen the need to change it on the app. What am I missing out on?

Reactions: Adopado
Genuine question. Why do you need to keep charging it? I set my climate control to a comfortable temperature and its been there ever since I got the car. Very occasionally I'll set it to a different temp when driving, but I've never seen the need to change it on the app. What am I missing out on?
When I pre-warm it to leave I choose about 24 degrees, but my Wife likes it higher!

When I pre-warm it to leave I choose about 24 degrees, but my Wife likes it higher!

Defrost will probably be a good alternative - it puts car on max which in reality is high 20's - sensor is in the airflow so cabin temperature will not be that especially once doors are opened (and if like my other half, left open whilst unplugging) to get in. It will let you know when car is at temperature and you can then turn it off - it will then revert to standard climate settings unless you then turn that off in the app - the off button is other side of the vent one so fingers should be well clear... as above, you can put the shortcut button to defrost on the main screen, so you will only be trying to close the charge port with fat fingers...

Reactions: init6
It took me way longer than it should have to realise where the damn defrost button had gone too in the new app!! Why did they have to hide it off the bottom of the screen!

Yes, truly bizarre! There's plenty of room to fit everything on screen if the huge car graphic is reduced in size ... in fact do we even need a car graphic there? I'm more than happy with a straightforward and clear list of functions ... it can have some pretty stuff on the front page but I don't think we should sacrifice usability just so it "looks cool". I would like a simple list with an on/off status button beside each item.

Yes, truly bizarre! There's plenty of room to fit everything on screen if the huge car graphic is reduced in size ... in fact do we even need a car graphic there? I'm more than happy with a straightforward and clear list of functions ... it can have some pretty stuff on the front page but I don't think we should sacrifice usability just so it "looks cool". I would like a simple list with an on/off button beside each item.
Long press on the shortcut icons on the front page and you can choose to have defrost there, and it the widget.

That's true but you do then have to sacrifice something else on the front page so perhaps more of a work-around than an ideal option.
I've never needed to use the unlock button, it does that automatically, so have Frunk, Climate On, Defrost and Charge. I could probably swap dfrost and climate through the year and go to three icons.

Reactions: Adopado