Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can you send an address to your nav without using the calendar?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How is that done, Thanks
Touch the contact list icon on the top right of the center screen. Note, your phone must be connected via Bluetooth. Select the person you want to see. To call them you would then touch their phone number. To get navigation, touch their address.
With my Android phone, I first had no addresses shown. I googled and found an App that fixed that problem.

Touch the contact list icon on the top right of the center screen. Note, your phone must be connected via Bluetooth. Select the person you want to see. To call them you would then touch their phone number. To get navigation, touch their address.
With my Android phone, I first had no addresses shown. I googled and found an App that fixed that problem.
I have an iPhone so it might be different but are you saying you need an app to do this or should work with just Bluetooth and your contacts list?

I have an iPhone so it might be different but are you saying you need an app to do this or should work with just Bluetooth and your contacts list?
It should usually work just with a phone and Bluetooth. Apparently some contact list apps have a problem which the extra app I found fixes. If addresses show up in the contact list on your Tesla, you are good to go. If not, it can be fixed with an extra App. The Android app I found which fixed the problem for my phone is called Bluetooth Phonebook and is at Bluetooth Phonebook - Android Apps on Google Play

Reactions: GasKilla
It should usually work just with a phone and Bluetooth. Apparently some contact list apps have a problem which the extra app I found fixes. If addresses show up in the contact list on your Tesla, you are good to go. If not, it can be fixed with an extra App. The Android app I found which fixed the problem for my phone is called Bluetooth Phonebook and is at Bluetooth Phonebook - Android Apps on Google Play
I'll have to try that out next time I'm in the car. I've made it a habit now to add the correct address of my calendar appointments. But not everywhere I go is in my calendar or contact list so that's why I'm looking for a way to send an address directly to my car, this really should be a feature in the Tesla app.

This would be a highly coveted feature for me. The ability to send an address to your car remotely is really convenient. I can do this with our BMW and use it all the time. I am very surprised Tesla does not allow this.

While this would be a cool feature, I think it's somewhat redundant.

It's faster to open your phone, find the address and then say "navigate to 123 Main Street" instead of opening your phone, finding the address, copying it, opening the Tesla app, pasting it, and hitting send.

Though I also put the address into the calendar, I like big brother (cough Google) being able to tell me how long it'll take me to get to my next appointment, how early I need to leave, and if there's traffic along the route.

While this would be a cool feature, I think it's somewhat redundant.

It's faster to open your phone, find the address and then say "navigate to 123 Main Street" instead of opening your phone, finding the address, copying it, opening the Tesla app, pasting it, and hitting send.

Though I also put the address into the calendar, I like big brother (cough Google) being able to tell me how long it'll take me to get to my next appointment, how early I need to leave, and if there's traffic along the route.
Clearly the speech recognition works better for you than me