Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can you update the software on the older 75D to make 0-60 times faster like the new 75D?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it just a software update to shave off one second faster on the 0 to 60 times? Can you take our car in to Tesla and have them do an update to make it faster? If not, does anyone know after what the numbers are quicker ones?
Yes it is just a software update, but not all cars are eligible. I got it done to mine. Took delivery June 2017.

New speed is 4.9 seconds, although I've been getting 4.7 consistently when my battery is warm.

Took delivery of our 60D in September 2016. Emailed Tesla (via MyTesla) and my local SC. Both told me that once I upgrade to 75, it can be "uncorked" like the other 75Ds.

It's all software, but you do need to bring it in as there's some settings the Tech would need to change in-person.

• Informative
Reactions: beths11
Uncorking is serial number dependent. If your serial number is on the service centers list you are eligible. You must take it into the Service Center so they can plug it into a device to enable the extra performance.

Tesla has not published exactly what build configurations are eligible, so the only way to make sure is to give them a call.

There is no charge currently for this upgrade, and most consider it a very nice gesture on Tesla's part.

So far AP1's have been uncorked, lowest VIN I saw was 8XXX. AP2's have been uncorked. I've seen builds in Dec 2016 through Jun 2017. The only ones that I have seen been told are not eligible are the MX 60D's - which become eligible after upgrading. There were a sprinkling of people who claimed they were not eligible, but it turned out these people took delivery after July 2017 so they already had the performance upgrade.

Reactions: dragonxt
So far AP1's have been uncorked, lowest VIN I saw was 8XXX. AP2's have been uncorked. I've seen builds in Dec 2016 through Jun 2017. The only ones that I have seen been told are not eligible are the MX 60D's - which become eligible after upgrading. There were a sprinkling of people who claimed they were not eligible, but it turned out these people took delivery after July 2017 so they already had the performance upgrade.

Thanks for clarifying. I have a 60d, built dec 2016, and my SC told me I was not eligible... only builds after July 2017, which doesn’t make sense since all builds after July have the performance increase already. I haven’t decided whether the $4500 is worth it to get access to the whole battery and performance increase. In Southern California, the 60kw battery is enough so far.

It’s just the 75D that can be made faster right? Not the 90D?

As far as I know. The 75Ds get the same speeds as the 90Ds. So there wouldn’t be anywhere else to go with a 90D.

Thanks for clarifying. I have a 60d, built dec 2016, and my SC told me I was not eligible... only builds after July 2017, which doesn’t make sense since all builds after July have the performance increase already. I haven’t decided whether the $4500 is worth it to get access to the whole battery and performance increase. In Southern California, the 60kw battery is enough so far.

They’re correct. As a 60D you wouldn’t be eligible, but you become eligible with the upgrade. Not sure why they thought July cars only though. It’s still a good chunk of money, especially for the X instead of the S. The range is meh, not much of a difference. The performance is though.