Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can you upgrade to full self driving after delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In AUS changes to the policy can be made at any time after initial purchase of policy. It’s a matter of making a phone call, and the insurer will just send you the updated policy after you pay the difference. Some modifications will result in a refund. Any claim will be based on the policy at the time of the claim

As you can here in the US. I was just stock on your wording of the claim. But prob saying the same thing.

In the US however it’s not 100% but common for insurance to see paperwork confirming install (activation) of payment and to confirm with the car itself in person and your local office. Where is it done at point of purchase that done on your word with the purchase paperwork. With non Tesla cars often the VIN confirms what was purchased; but since Tesla allows various purchases post purchases the VIN only goes so far.

Reactions: Quickst
Side thought. I thought about purchasing in the app after the fact to avoid sales taxes on purchases. However (in US) Tesla charges the same tax(and total price) pre or post tax.

I purchased at purchase so that I could include in the loan.

However post purchase would be done on credit card so you could get points or refund up to 5% depending on your card.
for at least some states, they collect retail sales tax on post-delivery purchase of FSD. In some states the retail sales tax may be more than the special sales tax on autos.

for at least some states, they collect retail sales tax on post-delivery purchase of FSD. In some states the retail sales tax may be more than the special sales tax on autos.

I may be misremembering but the acceleration update in the app seemed to not be taxed. But the full self drive purchase in the app is taxed. Seems weird. Sure there’s some weird law.

Side thought. I thought about purchasing in the app after the fact to avoid sales taxes on purchases. However (in US) Tesla charges the same tax(and total price) pre or post tax.
REALLY?
Didn't used to be that way. Our brand new face lift style 2016 MS was 60kWh. Software bumped up a year later to 75. It (was) a service then - not a tangible property. Been a while since doing Calif BOE tax issues ... so maybe there's been a different ruling in the mean time.