Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can you use the Tesla app b4 MY is delivered?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Newbie question, and I mean newbie!
I just ordered a new MY and the website said to download the Tesla app and check out the videos.
I downloaded the app (iPhone X) but it won't let me log in. I tried using my password for my Tesla account from Tesla.com, but it doesn't recognize it.
Do you have to take delivery and then sign up for the Tesla app? It doesn't give me any way to register, just a sign in page.
Thanks.

Newbie question, and I mean newbie!
I just ordered a new MY and the website said to download the Tesla app and check out the videos.
I downloaded the app (iPhone X) but it won't let me log in. I tried using my password for my Tesla account from Tesla.com, but it doesn't recognize it.
Do you have to take delivery and then sign up for the Tesla app? It doesn't give me any way to register, just a sign in page.
Thanks.
The short answer is no and there are a few good reasons to not give you access to the app before the car is in your possession.

Also waiting for delivery... I was able to log in to the app (iOS). There is a link to "Get Support" which sends you to Tesla.com for articles. And there is the loot box in the top right.
IMG_412F710BF09F-1.jpeg