Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can You View Sentry Video on the Car Screen?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The sentry mode is a great feature. The only problem is that you have to either carry a laptop or wait to view in the office or home. Since you may want/need to view before departing the area, is there a feature to view on the car screen? If not, Tesla should consider this.

Reactions: LN1_Casey
At this point, there are no CODECs available in the code. I suspect this is to keep people from watching videos while moving, which is illegal.
While Elon indicated that watching video may be a possibility in the future, it will probably ONLY work when plugged into a charger and the car is therefore disabled from moving.

This looks great. Any problem formatting for FAT32? They offer 2 versions, one with flexible lightning connector and the other “mini” version with fixed connector. Will either one work??

I had no problems. Formatted the 256GB version on my MacBook Pro and made sure it’s MBR partition and then created the directory and was all set.

The flexibility to watch the video when I get into my car after the earning on the instrument cluster is amazing.

Love it.

With three cameras recording for both Dashcsm and Sentry Mode Plus me saving the videos I wanted lots of space so the largest is 256GB.

I had no problems. Formatted the 256GB version on my MacBook Pro and made sure it’s MBR partition and then created the directory and was all set.

The flexibility to watch the video when I get into my car after the earning on the instrument cluster is amazing.

Love it.

With three cameras recording for both Dashcsm and Sentry Mode Plus me saving the videos I wanted lots of space so the largest is 256GB.

OK, thanks! Ordering it now . . . .

Since Elon had stated on Twitter that Sentry Mode is barely in V1 with basic features (Recording Front/Side Repeaters)

Screen Shot.png

Source: Elon Musk on Twitter

I predict in future version updates to offer the following functionality:
• View sentry mode footage within the display (while in park)
• Upload and view footage online or via Tesla app
• Ability to view live stream/footage of cameras from Tesla app

He says he got a push notification. I assume he means he got that on his phone. I've never gotten one of those, even though the display in my 2018 MS 100D has shown a notice to me on several occasions that a Sentry Mode event occurred. How can I get push notifications???

He says he got a push notification. I assume he means he got that on his phone. I've never gotten one of those, even though the display in my 2018 MS 100D has shown a notice to me on several occasions that a Sentry Mode event occurred. How can I get push notifications???

You only get a push notification through the Tesla app if the Sentry Mode alert has been trigger and the Tesla Car Alert has been trigger. Which basically means, something physically hit your car to trigger the sentry mode alert.

Also loud exhaust or noises near your vehicle can also trigger the alarm. I had multiple experiences when I get the sentry mode alert, reviewed the footage and no damage was done to my vehicle and it was just a truck with a loud exhaust near me.

You only get a push notification through the Tesla app if the Sentry Mode alert has been trigger and the Tesla Car Alert has been trigger. Which basically means, something physically hit your car to trigger the sentry mode alert.

Also loud exhaust or noises near your vehicle can also trigger the alarm. I had multiple experiences when I get the sentry mode alert, reviewed the footage and no damage was done to my vehicle and it was just a truck with a loud exhaust near me.

That all makes sense. What I do t understand is why I get the notification of an “event “ on my drivers screen, but no notification on my phone :/