Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada $5,000 Referral Credit?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm set to take delivery on the MYLR tomorrow. I was just about to confirm my loan details when I receive an email from Tesla about an updated loan offer. I refresh the account page and see a $5000 Referral Credit! I messaged the SA asking if it's a new Canada wide incentive, waiting to hear back.

Was happy to get the 10,000 km SC credit but wasn't expecting anything else, since the $3750 credit in the US was related to the upcoming EV tax credit.

With all the talk of new cameras, new HD radar and HW4 next year, I was wondering if I should wait till next year but this firms up my decision.

Last edited:
Just noticed this on my order too. It’s called a referral credit but it’s actually just a discount to incentivize sales. Here is the language from Tesla Canada website:

Attachments

• B247BA90-1D01-4348-A2FB-DE5ED1FB9F22.jpeg
    B247BA90-1D01-4348-A2FB-DE5ED1FB9F22.jpeg
    255.5 KB · Views: 113
Reactions: dudelah
$91K before taxes (with no options, free paint)....
You can always change the country on the Tesla.com page on the Account drop down to see other country's prices.

Even with the $5000 credit they are still far too expensive IMHO. Not to mention if you plan on financing you will be paying rates north of 6% which will add thousands more to the cost. Not a good time to buy.