Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada $5000 federal incentive for Model Y?

Do you think Tesla will release a 44,999$ 100 miles base Model Y like they did for the Model 3?

• Yes

Votes: 16 35.6%
  • No

Votes: 29 64.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We had an order placed at the end of January. We had an appointment scheduled for March 1st.

Suddenly, tesla called us this morning to say the car (Y SR) could be delivered on Feb 13...

I hope to have news on this debate by the end of the week...

That Federal $5K PLUS the Provincial $8K makes this deal way too juicy, I can't imagine buying an ICE car in Quebec with those kind of numbers.

Fingers crossed that the Transport Canada approval makes it qualify for iZEV soon.

Reactions: MTL_HABS1909
I am curious on this as well. No update on my SR MY yet either. I am hoping the 5k incentive does stack with the BC incentive.

I'm picking mine up on Thursday in Vancouver. I've been told there will be no federal incentive, but they also added that if the incentive comes later, I will not be eligible to receive it.

Was hoping for more of a yes or no answer from Tesla.

Reactions: PearlShark
We went to the dealer today and were able to see our car (Laval, Canada). We spoke to our advisor who told us we had to wait Friday/Saturday to take delivery but that we would be happy about it. He also said "the news will be Friday" without giving any more details.

• Funny
Reactions: cdswm3
We went to the dealer today and were able to see our car (Laval, Canada). We spoke to our advisor who told us we had to wait Friday/Saturday to take delivery but that we would be happy about it. He also said "the news will be Friday" without giving any more details.

Do you have any context for what “you would be happy about”?
Were you discussing the rebate prior to that remark? Or is it in reference to heated steering / something else?

Do you have any context for what “you would be happy about”?
Were you discussing the rebate prior to that remark? Or is it in reference to heated steering / something else?

We asked about the rumor of having a $5k federal incentive. The advisor smiled and said we would be happy to wait our delivery scheduled Saturday.

Later, we asked "if we hear the incentive is delayed, can we postpone our delivery and refuse this car?". The answer was "The announcement is Friday so you'll be fine for your car on Saturday".

It may not be the $5k Federal incentive. But I don't think it's the heated stearing wheel. When we paid the deposit we were told it had the heated steering wheel. And we did the test drive with a RWD which had the steering wheel.

• Informative
Reactions: PearlShark
We asked about the rumor of having a $5k federal incentive. The advisor smiled and said we would be happy to wait our delivery scheduled Saturday.

Later, we asked "if we hear the incentive is delayed, can we postpone our delivery and refuse this car?". The answer was "The announcement is Friday so you'll be fine for your car on Saturday".

It may not be the $5k Federal incentive. But I don't think it's the heated stearing wheel. When we paid the deposit we were told it had the heated steering wheel. And we did the test drive with a RWD which had the steering wheel.

In Vancouver, the deliveries have already began. I find it strange why certain provinces are holding back on deliveries. Tesla seems pretty tight-lipped, but it all depends on the salesperson. The thing I wonder is... are some salespeople also getting caught up in "just rumours"?