Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada $5000 federal incentive for Model Y?

Do you think Tesla will release a 44,999$ 100 miles base Model Y like they did for the Model 3?

• Yes

Votes: 16 35.6%
  • No

Votes: 29 64.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So what was the 'news' please?

Well... I'd like to know what the news was! This is all through word of mouth but some said their advisor called them to ask wether they wanted to take delivery tomorrow or reschedule their delivery date in case an incentive is available next week.

Tesla called us yesterday to confirm our delivery tomorrow. The advisor said he didn't know why the deliveries were pushed to the 12th and said it was Transport Canada who was retaining the vehicules.

Lots of rumors in my opinion and as someone said, Tesla employee may also be victim of it. I would really like to know why they pushed the delivery dates while they had the Y SR 5 seats in the parking lot and while customers were allowed to drive that same model to try it.

Unfortunately, we couldn't live with buyer's remorse if an incentive would be announced next week and too rushed to make a decision today. So for now we rejected our VIN and will be assigned to a new one so we will have time to think about it. I got my mudflaps, maxspider carpets and even the winter tires in my garage now... without the car :)

Thank you. Please keep me posted how the SR MY works now that we have around -20C. I'm curious if I can do Montreal to St-Sauveur OR Montreal to Bromont in one go without charging. (ie. drive there, leave it for the whole day whilst snowboarding and then go back home)

Well... I'd like to know what the news was! This is all through word of mouth but some said their advisor called them to ask wether they wanted to take delivery tomorrow or reschedule their delivery date in case an incentive is available next week.

Tesla called us yesterday to confirm our delivery tomorrow. The advisor said he didn't know why the deliveries were pushed to the 12th and said it was Transport Canada who was retaining the vehicules.

Lots of rumors in my opinion and as someone said, Tesla employee may also be victim of it. I would really like to know why they pushed the delivery dates while they had the Y SR 5 seats in the parking lot and while customers were allowed to drive that same model to try it.

Unfortunately, we couldn't live with buyer's remorse if an incentive would be announced next week and too rushed to make a decision today. So for now we rejected our VIN and will be assigned to a new one so we will have time to think about it. I got my mudflaps, maxspider carpets and even the winter tires in my garage now... without the car :)

Our new 2021 Model Y picked up this morning near Toronto has the black shiny console with the two magnetic lids.
It is gorgeous. The staff were great. Even outside in minus 15 deg they were happy to answer questions
and volunteered alot of useful information.

The range when I picked it up was abt 300km. I traveled abt 120 km and arrived with 145 km left.
The heat was on at 22 deg all the time and the radio was on. Not windy outside but a good breeze
and a pretty hilly trip. I will pay better attention to details on my next run but the car is enjoying a fresh
load of electrons in my plus 2 deg garage. All in all I didn't think that was bad in the cold etc.

Picked up MY SR in Toronto today. Trusted sales team that there was no rebate coming. Car is gorgeous in real life - inside and out.

Heated steering
Old console (don’t mind the old one)
Old headlights (old ones are great, and less moving parts to break)
30 days connectivity instead of the 1 year (did they change this on the website at some point?)
Car has enough power to keep me satisfied and handles excellently.
Most things “feel” more solid than my 2018 Model 3 (doors, handles, windows, seat, trunk).

There is a vibration in the car at highway speeds (100km/h to 125km/h). It kinda smooths out over 130. Most pronounced in the steering wheel but can feel it throughout cabin.
Not sure if it needs an alignment or wheel balancing. But it is annoying and needs fixing.

Came with a brand new software update that only said “Battery Display updated to show more range” or something like that.
Full charge in the app shows 381km.

Reactions: SmartElectric
Picked up MY SR in Toronto today. Trusted sales team that there was no rebate coming. Car is gorgeous in real life - inside and out.

Heated steering
Old console (don’t mind the old one)
Old headlights (old ones are great, and less moving parts to break)
30 days connectivity instead of the 1 year (did they change this on the website at some point?)
Car has enough power to keep me satisfied and handles excellently.
Most things “feel” more solid than my 2018 Model 3 (doors, handles, windows, seat, trunk).

There is a vibration in the car at highway speeds (100km/h to 125km/h). It kinda smooths out over 130. Most pronounced in the steering wheel but can feel it throughout cabin.
Not sure if it needs an alignment or wheel balancing. But it is annoying and needs fixing.

Came with a brand new software update that only said “Battery Display updated to show more range” or something like that.
Full charge in the app shows 381km.

Congrats! What software version are you running?

Congrats! What software version are you running?

Thanks!
Can’t figure out what the increased battery display is? The website still showing it’s rated for 393km and the car showed exactly 393km at 100% prior to delivery - while running the old software.

Did Elon increase range estimate so it hits the infamous 250mile range threshold so his tweet doesn’t look hypocritical?

Congrats PearlShark. I also have that update but didn't see a message. Maybe it happened before delivery.

Realy think the console is beautiful and classy in black. It was nice having a warm steering wheel yesterday at -15.

My battery was set at daily mode when I got it so will see today how much range it says when that completes.
Then I will bump it up to trip charge and make note of that range.

Does anyone know of an approved desktop app for windows for these cars ?

For those of you that picked it up - how are the panel gaps? My understanding is that they are not an issue anymore on the model y.
I didn't pick mine but went lurking in the parking when there was dozens of new arrivals. I looked quickly at them and panel gaps didn't seem to be an issue. The one with my VIN had a small gap at the panels close to windshield but I wouldn't even had notice if I wasn't looking for it...

With the reputation Tesla has with panel gaps, I wonder if customers are more sensitive and less tolerant... well I am!

Reactions: SmartElectric
It’s funny. My 2019 m3 had no gap issues. My buddy’s 2021 m3 had significant gaps and misalignments. Door, mirror, trunk.

The MY was notorious for gaps initially. I’d hope it’s been fixed but based on the experience with the M3 above I’m not sure.

Reactions: cdswm3
Overall condition of the MY I picked up was very good. All door seams were straight and nothing else looks misaligned.
My heater ran the whole way home, close to 90 min. in fact was too hot at 22C. It was -15C outside.

Have 120 km on it and if it weren't still minus 9C outside, I might be our in the garage getting educated.

My serial number ends in "001". The boys at Tesla all came out to say hi and thanked me. I wonder if mine
is the first in the series. According to Elon, get one of the very first cars off the line or wait till the line
has been running a while. "001" looks pretty early to me.

Overall condition of the MY I picked up was very good. All door seams were straight and nothing else looks misaligned.
My heater ran the whole way home, close to 90 min. in fact was too hot at 22C. It was -15C outside.

Have 120 km on it and if it weren't still minus 9C outside, I might be our in the garage getting educated.

My serial number ends in "001". The boys at Tesla all came out to say hi and thanked me. I wonder if mine
is the first in the series. According to Elon, get one of the very first cars off the line or wait till the line
Congrats on your successful delivery. Did you experience any issues of rattling like PearlShark did?

Ita the last 6 numbers that is the serial number part of the vin. So you don't have a first edition lol. I doubt Tesla has any logic in vins at least that matters. First in first out I'd think

EV incentive is one thing, price cut is another. Since last fall, the CAD went from 1.31 to 1.26, so a price drop could be in the pipeline to support sells. Mustang Mach E is now available in my area with 6 months waiting. The ID4 is yet to be priced, but the waiting list is growing fast into 2022. XC40 is also coming out. RAV4 has a 2yrs waiting list. On the other side, Tesla has no problem to deliver within six weeks.

My wild guessing, expect a price cut soon on Tesla lineup.

SR Model Y price dropped last night in the US just below 40k$. The competition is heating up with other brands.

Now, in Canada, we should expect.a nice price cut also to put the Model Y 7 seats in federal incentive territory.

Hold your reservation people, that will also help to pressure them in the right direction.