Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Classifieds - subforum potential? or maybe its own stickied thread at least?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
buying from US based sellers in the classifieds can be tough in canada for a few reasons

1. currency issues
2. border/duties
3. onerous shipping charges

Further, trying to isolate CDN for sale threads is pretty hard...you cant effectively search for what you are looking for and qualify it by location

A good example of what happens is the guy selling his Arachnids in BC, but doing so with a thread in the main section.
FS: Silver 21" Arachnids + PSS - Vancouver BC

I don't mind him doing that at all but it would be great to have a little subforum for all CDN for sale threads so you could quickly find them all.

I've seen other car forums where in the absence of the support from mods for a subforum, a classified ads megathread is created and stickied. That's a less palatable option than the subforum but still better.

So with that all being said, what say you teslamotorsclub mods/admins. Any chance we can have a CDN classifieds here in the Canada section?

Thanks

buying from US based sellers in the classifieds can be tough in canada for a few reasons

1. currency issues
2. border/duties
3. onerous shipping charges

Further, trying to isolate CDN for sale threads is pretty hard...you cant effectively search for what you are looking for and qualify it by location

A good example of what happens is the guy selling his Arachnids in BC, but doing so with a thread in the main section.
FS: Silver 21" Arachnids + PSS - Vancouver BC

I don't mind him doing that at all but it would be great to have a little subforum for all CDN for sale threads so you could quickly find them all.

I've seen other car forums where in the absence of the support from mods for a subforum, a classified ads megathread is created and stickied. That's a less palatable option than the subforum but still better.

So with that all being said, what say you teslamotorsclub mods/admins. Any chance we can have a CDN classifieds here in the Canada section?

Thanks

I think it would be extremely helpful. We would like to get a set of 19 sport rims with tires and sensors. Lots come up but we have to troll thru them to find if they are in Canada. It would be handy to be able to zero in on Canadian sellers.

I participate in a couple buy/sell forums where listings by Canadians start the title of their thread with CAN: . This (especially being in all-caps) makes it easy to find Canadian listings both by a quick scan through the forum and by search. I’d slightly prefer a subforum, but if not, some convention that was widely adopted for identifying in the thread title that the item for sale is in Canada is a tried and true solution.

I participate in a couple buy/sell forums where listings by Canadians start the title of their thread with CAN: . This (especially being in all-caps) makes it easy to find Canadian listings both by a quick scan through the forum and by search. I’d slightly prefer a subforum, but if not, some convention that was widely adopted for identifying in the thread title that the item for sale is in Canada is a tried and true solution.

That's OK if you have time on your hands to go searching and sifting through lists but it's not an easy way to just see what the latest Canada items are, especially seeing as they'll get buried under pages of other posts from our bigger neighbours in no time. I'd prefer a sub-forum.

Reactions: akidesir and Dyhm
A Canada-only marketplace forum makes sense to me. There is a border between America and Canada, after all, and customs regulations, etc. Sellers may not want to ship across the border. It is non-trivial to move cars across the border. Why not a separate forum? It takes almost no effort to create a new forum.

There are “for sale” posts in the Canada forum and they don’t get moved, but they get lost in amongst all the other posts so they have little visibility.