Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada EnerGuide Tesla Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
D323EC13-09D8-41C7-849E-6EDCBF878375.jpeg
I’ve only done 1 trip in my model 3 awd and was able to charge at hotel overnight, so range was not an issue. Friday I’m going on a day trip with only level 2 charging available. I pulled out the window sticker to check the energuide consumption numbers and was shocked to see the numbers, they just didn’t seem to add up. The model 3 awd was rated at 2.1 Le highway which translates to 18.53 kWh per 100km consumption. I believe the usable battery capacity is 78.2 kWh, divided by 18.53 kWh for highway which translates to 422 km @ 100% charge on ideal driving conditions.
I was surprised to see the EnerGuide show a high 18kWh consumption rating.
Let me know if I’m barking up the wrong tree.
Is the Tesla trip display good at predicting range/batt?

In my observations, the Energy display (app launcher button -> Energy) is accurate. If you're driving a long distance, set it to "average range" and if you're using the built-in navigation, tap on Trip at the top right. That, I've found, is quite accurate in its predictions. Actual usage vs Initial shows you how your driving conditions+driving habits contribute towards the range you are getting.

Reactions: Trevlan006 and Jerk