Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada extra $5000 discount for taking delivery Dec 21-31, 2022

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes and yes. I suggest speaking with an advisor. They have discretion to apply additional incentives to move inventory vehicles, in particular demos. For example, no charge exterior paint, no charge white interior, maybe no charge rim upgrades, etc. They can also remove EAP or FSD.

And FYI in case you were like me and unaware, demo cars are not subject to freight & PDI (or whatever it’s called) so effectively you’re saving another $1800.
An advisor just told me even demo cars are subject to freight & pdi. I a feeling that this particular advisor doesn't know what he/she is talking about....

Have you purchased a demo vehicle before?

Demo is not considered a used car thus you will be asked to pay freight & pdi.

"A demo usually comes from the selling dealership's inventory. It's a car that's been driven, but has never been sold to a customer." source internet.

Demo is not considered a used car thus you will be asked to pay freight & pdi.

"A demo usually comes from the selling dealership's inventory. It's a car that's been driven, but has never been sold to a customer." source internet.
I got this clarified from Tesla themselves, apparently this is only offered in Ontario only as some law prohibits them to charge Frieght and PDI on demo vehicles.

I got this clarified from Tesla themselves, apparently this is only offered in Ontario only as some law prohibits them to charge Frieght and PDI on demo vehicles.
Unfortunately, this is not what I have been told my Tesla here in Toronto. They said they will charge freight and dpi. I'm not surprised since the advisors here in Toronto are not very competent to say the least....

Just my 2¢ but it hardly seems fair that they are also giving away 15K SuperCharger Kim’s. I got mine in September 2021. Now granted, prices had gone up then down, but stil…
It’s only 10k free supercharging kms, not 15k. It should be 15k if we were getting equivalent to US where it’s 10k miles.

I’m not sure where your sense of fairness comes from. You’re expecting Tesla to extend a current promo to someone who bought a car 14 months ago? Wow.

Last edited:
It’s only 10k free supercharging kms, not 15k. It should be 15k if we were getting equivalent to US where it’s 10k miles.

I’m not sure where your sense of fairness comes from. You’re expecting Tesla to extend a current promo to someone who bought a car 14 months ago? Wow.
One can always wish right? I feel for those who just took delivery. What about them?

It may just be that on average electricity is more expensive across Canada than across the US.

"many Canadian electricity consumers face significantly higher costs than US consumers. Consumers in cities in the non-hydro-dominant provinces such as Alberta, Saskatchewan, Ontario, New Brunswick, and Nova Scotia appear to be hit the hardest." Source Paying More for Power Electricity Costs in the US and Canada

I picked mine up today from Tesla Toronto (Lawrence). No PDI.
Same I got a demo vehicle, and no PDI fees. Just checked my Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement Sheet.

Ontario.

1671923050106.png

Has anyone used Stop Waiting For Tesla - Get Fast Tesla Inventory Alerts to find/reserve their car from inventory? Just wondering if the site is accurate and reputable. Thanks.
The site just provides alerts and also a different way to check inventory. You don’t actually transact with them. The site redirects you to Tesla to buy anything. If you’re asking if the site is up to date, I assume it is. Click on a car and see if it links to an active listing on Tesla.com.