Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada - First Production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So is Canada basically fully satiated for First Production Model 3? The spreadsheet is showing that there are 464 reservation holders that participated in the spreadsheet. Of these all but 38 have been invited to configure. So, 92% of reservations in Canada have been invited to configure.

Out of the 426 participants who were invited and participated in the study, 302 ordered a car. They either have a VIN or are waiting for a VIN. That’s pretty good. Almost 75%. I assume that the others are either deferring or out all together. This number seems high because I thought Canadians want a AWD version which isn’t out yet.

Out of the 302 who ordered a M3, only 93 report that they have received their car. Everybody else is still waiting but this makes sense because people are waiting all across the US as well. BTW - it seems like they delivered 1,000 M3 in Canada.

But - my question for the Canadians in this forum is - have all of the reservations really been offered to configure? Are there a bunch of people waiting to configure? Or, has Tesla actually met the market and there are just a few people waiting on AWD or Performance version?

• Informative
Reactions: Ulmo
So is Canada basically fully satiated for First Production Model 3? The spreadsheet is showing that there are 464 reservation holders that participated in the spreadsheet. Of these all but 38 have been invited to configure. So, 92% of reservations in Canada have been invited to configure.

Out of the 426 participants who were invited and participated in the study, 302 ordered a car. They either have a VIN or are waiting for a VIN. That’s pretty good. Almost 75%. I assume that the others are either deferring or out all together. This number seems high because I thought Canadians want a AWD version which isn’t out yet.

Out of the 302 who ordered a M3, only 93 report that they have received their car. Everybody else is still waiting but this makes sense because people are waiting all across the US as well. BTW - it seems like they delivered 1,000 M3 in Canada.

But - my question for the Canadians in this forum is - have all of the reservations really been offered to configure? Are there a bunch of people waiting to configure? Or, has Tesla actually met the market and there are just a few people waiting on AWD or Performance version?

I’m waiting to configure but I just placed my reservation June 5 2018 I’ll be waiting a while.

I am betting 4-5,000 cars delivered in Canada. The International centre event was well over 200 cars a day, not to mention what the stores were delivering prior to the International centre, and that is just Ontario.

Just curious. I would be interested to know where you are getting the data for the number of deliveries. Based on what I have been told and on what I saw, 1000 units delivered in Canada is probably way out on the low side.

Got the data from spreadsheets presented in this forum/website. Model 3 Invites #3 (Troy: There are a few identical files to avoid overcrowding)

Is this data completely incorrect? My comments are based on the fact that 92% of the people who had a reservation in Canada and participated in the spreadsheet had a chance to order their car.

Hi @Sneakerbuddy, thanks for quenching my thirst. That might explain the low numbers then. I don't know for sure, but my feeling is that a lot of people don't actually enter their info there. As an example, I never did. FWIW, I was told that Montreal delivered close to 1200 Model 3s in June. That was coming from someone inside so I can't really verify, and Toronto was supposedly much higher then that. Your guess is as good as mine.

Cheers.