Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FSD won’t be a pic-nik either. That’s kind of one of the reasons this test is in place. To ensure the participants can handle it. :)
Agreed but it is not a valid qualifier. Every one of us here can get 100% for 7 days to get the download. What they should really do (and maybe they do) is disable the FSD if you break certain criteria for safe driving ( IE safety score below 80% ). This eval only shows that people can read the criteria and maintain it however some aspects are unsafe IE the 'aggressive turning' is WAY out of whack with reality. I find it almost impossible to get 100% on that with on/off ramps and taking them at speeds that are way too slow. Like everyone, I will play the game and can get/keep 100% no problem but it does not change my driving habits. It shows I can modify them when needed (like I do when I have #1 on board).

Reactions: TrevTremaine
Is it 7 days from pressing the button?
For previous FSD Beta additions, there hasn't actually been a requirement for 7 days but actually 100 miles. The timing happened to be longer for the initial US public beta rollout as 2021.32.22 (original "button" release) became available September 25th while FSD Beta 10.2 actually adding people happened October 11th -- delayed from the original 7 days:
When doing more regular FSD Beta additions, people have reported that they got added in even within a couple days of opting in and driving enough distance while maintaining a high enough score. So I would think something similar will be attempted in that Tesla intends to have a FSD Beta release/addition 7 days after the button became available in Canada, but that might get delayed, and in any case probably actually requires a distance -- not time -- with Safety Score.

For previous FSD Beta additions, there hasn't actually been a requirement for 7 days but actually 100 miles. The timing happened to be longer for the initial US public beta rollout as 2021.32.22 (original "button" release) became available September 25th while FSD Beta 10.2 actually adding people happened October 11th -- delayed from the original 7 days:
When doing more regular FSD Beta additions, people have reported that they got added in even within a couple days of opting in and driving enough distance while maintaining a high enough score. So I would think something similar will be attempted in that Tesla intends to have a FSD Beta release/addition 7 days after the button became available in Canada, but that might get delayed, and in any case probably actually requires a distance -- not time -- with Safety Score.
I am over 1,000 kMs and 98. I ate a point to demo a launch and needed 'excessive braking' at the end of it. My bad.

I'm ready for it! I might go out for a 3 am drive tonight.

Screenshot_20220304-174142.png

I ate a point to demo a launch and needed 'excessive braking' at the end of it
If this was from today, you can still fix it up to get 100 safety score for the day. You can just drive around the neighborhood quickly accelerating and slowly braking to reduce factor to show 0.7%, e.g., 1 second of excessive braking over 142 total seconds of braking, should result in 99 score. It's possible but takes much longer to get to show 0.2% for 100 score (although technically you only need to get to 0.26%, which rounds up to 0.3% in the display).

Your 1000 kilometers should be well over their threshold for minimum distance with safety score -- theoretically 160km to match 100mi.

Reactions: Proppilot
So I took a spin to try and improve my score and I realize the secret. All you have to do is drive so that everyone around you thinks it’s time for that guy to hand in his license he really shouldn’t be behind the wheel anymore. Got my first 100 today.
Lol.
Very true. That’s the level of attention Tesla wants during the beta. :)

It’s not for everyone. Tesla knows that.

• Funny
Reactions: TrevTremaine
If any of you are sick of Safety Score driving after just a few days, imagine what it’s been like for those of us with AP2.0 cars that have been doing it since Sept 2021, hoping that one of these days we’ll be blessed with FSD now that we’ve received our RCCB cameras. And being scared to opt out & miss getting invited whenever Tesla decides to include more of our cars that got upgraded to RCCB cameras. Since there’s no communication about this it could be easy to get missed & then have to go months worrying about the Safety Score. Over the months I’ve mostly learned to live with it. The worst part is having to take turns so slowly. But overall having to worry about it has made me a more calm driver which should be safer.

If any of you are sick of Safety Score driving after just a few days, imagine what it’s been like for those of us with AP2.0 cars that have been doing it since Sept 2021, hoping that one of these days we’ll be blessed with FSD now that we’ve received our RCCB cameras. And being scared to opt out & miss getting invited whenever Tesla decides to include more of our cars that got upgraded to RCCB cameras. Since there’s no communication about this it could be easy to get missed & then have to go months worrying about the Safety Score. Over the months I’ve mostly learned to live with it. The worst part is having to take turns so slowly. But overall having to worry about it has made me a more calm driver which should be safer.
Ah this sounds aweful! So once the week is up you’re still being evaluated until/unless you get accepted/pushed to beta?

Man so hard to keep the score proper. i am at 97-98 for teh full 7 dayss.

by the way, doing a LAUNCH as no impact on score. I decided to test it.. as long as you dont let off immediately after flooring it you are fine. This applies to the stupid 2021 YOKE equipped model S where there is no way to adjust the REGEN (really dumb Tesla move there).