Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there, there has been some postings that when on AP, it will not score you down but it will not include those miles at all in the daily calculation. The feedback is that you have to be hand driving the car and maintaining the distance yourself. I am thinking that if from the beginning when one was at 100%, if you only used AP, that this strategy would work perfectly but won't work to earn points back. Not sure if this is true but it has been posted !
I can attest that the autopilot miles will not reduce your overall average % for each category; my dad drove my car day 1 and got 13% unsafe following and overall 95 that day. I drove four 100 days after that almost all on autopilot and my overall score went up to 100, but the unsafe driving average stayed at 13% even though all of my subsequent drives had unsafe following 0% every day. I got curious about this and so a couple days ago I drove with no AP on the highway with the car in front almost off my screen and poof, unsafe following average started dropped from 13% down to 7%.

That said, I bet autopilot miles still count for something because they say the “aggregate score” /100 is the deciding factor, and your daily score is weighted by miles, including AP miles.

I just got hit with a forward collision warning.. went from 100 to 99. But nothing happened on the drive, no warnings and no close call. Very frustrating!!
The FCW for the Safety Score is based on a setting of medium. It has nothing to do with your settings in your car. The settings in your car determine if you will see the FCW in your car or not, they do not determine if you will see a FCW in your Safety Score.

The FCW for the Safety Score is based on a setting of medium. It has nothing to do with your settings in your car. The settings in your car determine if you will see the FCW in your car or not, they do not determine if you will see a FCW in your Safety Score.
Oh, that's good information, thank you! Still frustrating, but that is an explanation at least.
I don't think I can get back to 100 now with a FCW, just have to hope to stay at 99.
Release it soon please!

Finally got back to 99 today. Need to work down the unsafe following score which is very hard as people pull in to the lane very close out front. I am 100% for 8 days with one in there being 98%. It’s not hard at all to do this once you know the rules but outside influences like other drivers are a threat

Reactions: M109Rider
In case anyone else is like me, and set the car’s display metric from kilometres to miles readings, so I could see the exact 50 mph when Unsafe Following tracking activates, you might get a shock!
The FCW metric is calculated in your app by a figure not based on whatever display metric you are using... it simply uses a neutral integer.
My 0.6% overall FCW figure shot up to 1.1%.
Good news is that when I changed the car display back to kilometers, my original FCW percent rating was restored to 0.6%.
I think FCW is the only of the metrics affected.
I wonder if the reverse is true? If you had a high FCW score using miles, and you switch to kilometers, it might drop in half!

Last edited:
Doesn't look like it's going to happen this weekend..
Screenshot_20220312-214654.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: M109Rider and pcons
I've been pushing the limits a bit further when I go out. I can guarantee you that acceleration doesn't affect your score whatsoever. I've been jumping off lines and blasting away people at lights just like before hitting the button. Just have to make sure you have enough space to do it where you don't have to hammer on the brakes.

Have had a few instances where I've had to hit the brakes for a yellow to red light and I was sure that I would get dinged for it, but still came out at 100.

Disappointed to see it looks like it's being pushed back further. I just rescheduled a service appointment for monday to the end of the month because I didn't want the service team driving the car and jeopardizing my 100 score lol.

I've been pushing the limits a bit further when I go out. I can guarantee you that acceleration doesn't affect your score whatsoever. I've been jumping off lines and blasting away people at lights just like before hitting the button. Just have to make sure you have enough space to do it where you don't have to hammer on the brakes.

Have had a few instances where I've had to hit the brakes for a yellow to red light and I was sure that I would get dinged for it, but still came out at 100.

Disappointed to see it looks like it's being pushed back further. I just rescheduled a service appointment for monday to the end of the month because I didn't want the service team driving the car and jeopardizing my 100 score lol.
If your car is in Service Mode any driving will not affect the score.

• Informative
Reactions: M109Rider