Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm sure that in addition to the score, there must be some minimum mileage or driving frequency. Driving around the block once and then parking it for 3 weeks doesn't seem like it would get you in.

I have no idea how people can drive in the city and maintain 100/99. I drive so carefully, and all it takes is one corner or one person cutting me off to get it bumped to 95.
Or when your car decide there is a threat In front (even when there is nothing on the road), and do a hard brake for you, then you will be rewarded a front collision warning.

Reactions: ehacke
I'm sure that in addition to the score, there must be some minimum mileage or driving frequency. Driving around the block once and then parking it for 3 weeks doesn't seem like it would get you in.

I have no idea how people can drive in the city and maintain 100/99. I drive so carefully, and all it takes is one corner or one person cutting me off to get it bumped to 95.
It is a minimum of 160km over 6 days apparently. The score averages for 1 month afaik. Will find out in a couple days as the first day I logged was Feb 26.

Also, if you drive on AP and someone cuts you off the car will do its thing and not ding you no matter how hard it brakes.

Autopilot is still makes too many mistakes on dark rainy west coast nights. I find it really bad around big trucks. If a car is overtaking and gets scared or lost in the spray coming of the truck autopilot will just drive right up on his ass. Then just sit there and hang out if you take over you get following too closely and hard braking. Pisses me off because the car drove itself into the stupid situation. It's like it goes hey look that guy can't see *sugar* he swerving and hydroplaning in the down pour, that looks fun I should join him. Who hangs out in the wash off a truck. Even at max follow distance it creeps up on people. I got a collision warning in bad weather going over a bridge. My car has the rain/night vision of the elderly.

Ok thanks, but without the radar is the result of seeing cars braking ahead inferior with no radar and just vision? That is I understood that radar by being able to go below and then ahead of the car in front to the next car was able to see cars slowing much more in advance
Yes, it is inferior. The change was made not because vision only is better, but due to the chip shortage not allowing Tesla to source the needed radars for their increasing production volume. So their solution was to eliminate radar & then come up with a justification for eliminating it that isn’t the chip shortage.

You're seriously at the mercy of those drivers around you. The only way to achieve the high score is to drive outside of core hours and avoid the core downtown. I've managed to increase my score to 93, but getting it to the level required will be a tough. I think Musk indicated that 95 might be the cutoff. 100 is not achievable - at least not sanely and certainly not during rush hour.

Yes, it is inferior. The change was made not because vision only is better, but due to the chip shortage not allowing Tesla to source the needed radars for their increasing production volume. So their solution was to eliminate radar & then come up with a justification for eliminating it that isn’t the chip shortage.
Or,
Tesla felt radar wasn’t needed to achieve their goal, so it was an unnecessary expense.

You're seriously at the mercy of those drivers around you. The only way to achieve the high score is to drive outside of core hours and avoid the core downtown. I've managed to increase my score to 93, but getting it to the level required will be a tough. I think Musk indicated that 95 might be the cutoff. 100 is not achievable - at least not sanely and certainly not during rush hour.
I agree. If you are driving in rush hour, you’re likely going to end up with a bad score that day.
That’s all tolerable for a week or so, but 3 weeks or more is a tough ask.

Reactions: TrevTremaine