Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't have AP let alone FSD so I won't comment on how useful, good bad is this system. But I can tell you guys are wasting a lot of hours/ stressing out on something you have little control on.
Is it worth it ?

I'd rather play the back seat driver and wait till it goes to higher level of autonomy.

Just my 2 cents.

That's the good thing about doing so much driving. At least that collision warning doesn't make it 25/1000km. I got my first ever collision warning on day 1 of my scoring (March 3) so I opted out and back in. I have had another one since. I wonder if it is more sensitive when you are safety scoring. At least the one I kept is only worth 0.2/1000km now.

I have a PPL too, BTW.
For sure, resetting is not a good strategy as the high kms definitely weight out the score. Are you active ? I am based at YKF.

I don't have AP let alone FSD so I won't comment on how useful, good bad is this system. But I can tell you guys are wasting a lot of hours/ stressing out on something you have little control on.
Is it worth it ?

I'd rather play the back seat driver and wait till it goes to higher level of autonomy.

Just my 2 cents.
Emotionally NO it is all worth it ! but Logically I have similar thoughts. Even when I get it I do not want to babysit the car every driving second to make sure it does not do something 'BETA' and I am quite sure in my case, after playing with it for a while that I will just go back to driving the car like I enjoy doing while the product matures....

Is it worth it ?

Just my 2 cents.
It’s less about stress, and more about fun/excitement.
You don’t stress about the delivery of something you’re excited to get. :)
I can say, if you’re not sold on FSD, this would look like stress. :)
Some are worried about the score %, but that’s not the same stress you’re referring to I think. :)
Just my opinion. Not speaking for others.

Wondering if they will drop 10.11.1 to cars that aren’t on 8.2. ?
I’m still on 5.4, hoping this isn’t a problem. …
Try something. The 8.2 was not appearing on my car screen or APP as available. Under software in the car I 'checked for updates' and wa la the 8.2 appeared as ready to download. When i look in TeslaFi it says that I waited 11 days before I had access to it. In all other cases it popped up automatically but in this case I had to manually check and there it was. Something to try.

Reactions: M109Rider
Try something. The 8.2 was not appearing on my car screen or APP as available. Under software in the car I 'checked for updates' and wa la the 8.2 appeared as ready to download. When i look in TeslaFi it says that I waited 11 days before I had access to it. In all other cases it popped up automatically but in this case I had to manually check and there it was. Something to try.
same thing for me, happened to check software updates and suddenly 8.2 it was there downloading!

The sad news is that I expect you are right. I am at 99 and in the group here that drive the car ALOT so I am over 2,600 kMs and still holding 99 which is far more real world then 200 kMs and 100%. I had a phantom forward collision alert last evening that now shows that I need to drive over 3,500 kM at 100% to get back to 100%. It is not practical at all. Oh well.... lets see how it plays as, as noted, some here have waited YEARS so at least it is happening.....
I don't think you have anything to worry about, Elon was clear that it would be given to 98+ and later speculated that if FSD was good it could be lowered to as low as 95+

Reactions: M109Rider
Is it worth it ?

Just my 2 cents.
AP on highways are totally worth it and I can't imagine not having it.
FSD beta is totally not worth it at this point because although it's getting slightly better every time it still sucks and is totally unreliable, hence the 'beta'.
I honestly don't see myself using the FSD beta on city streets other than the first day I get it, especially cuz I'm very impatient. But I'm trying to get it because I already paid $10k and quite frankly I just want to get out of this stupid safety scoring. Hard decision to abandon it after 3-4 weeks of stress.
It'd be a long time before people have access to the full FSD. I'm suspecting 2025 at the earliest if extremely lucky and everything goes well without any problem.

Tried that again. No dice.

Reactions: Damien99
It’s less about stress, and more about fun/excitement.
You don’t stress about the delivery of something you’re excited to get. :)
I can say, if you’re not sold on FSD, this would look like stress. :)
Some are worried about the score %, but that’s not the same stress you’re referring to I think. :)
Just my opinion. Not speaking for others.
100% agree.

No longer considered young, there were times when gadgets truly excited me in the past. I remember days when I got myself HTC Diamond, HTC Magic and Nexus One. My first car, then eventually, a first BMW. My first house. My first child! Etc.

It's been a while since I felt this interested in something. Definitely not for everyone, but I feel good about being near the leading edge tech and experiencing it, even if it doesn't directly offer any short term benefits.

Reactions: Damien99
So many on this thread are sounding like crack addicts - they NEED the FSD no matter what! They panic if they drop below 100, cry if it goes to 98 and full-on tantrum for anything below.

So says the guy who's sitting at 94 knowing fatalistically that he won't be amongst the first. 😉

For those that get it, enjoy. For those that don't, we can commiserate and hope for the best.