Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m still stuck at 98 cause my wife drove it like a wife does for a couple days. 1900km. Can’t get it to 99 to save my life :(
What's causing your score to drop? Braking, turning, following or forward collision?

If it's collision your only real option is opt out and back in. That needs to be around 1/1,000km to get to 99 and below 0.2 to get to 100.

Braking is pretty easy to take down even with high km. Just drive were there are lots of stop signs.

Following too close is also pretty easy. Drive off autopilot on the highway and keep the car in front of you about 3 seconds away.

Depending how much you drive it might be quicker than opting out which needs at least 6 days and you'll lose the security of your already high score.

It's also entirely possibly 98s get it soon..no one knows. Hope this helps!

If it's collision your only real option is opt out and back in. That needs to be around 1/1,000km to get to 99 and below 0.2 to get to 100.
Actually for forward collision, that is not accurate..I am sitting at 1% but still getting 100 overall

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-03-29-08-07-44-25_dea0ed4dc7fea9051b966dd91d80d9ae.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-03-29-08-07-44-25_dea0ed4dc7fea9051b966dd91d80d9ae.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 56
If we have to wait for 10.12, might be 2-3 more weeks. Sucks to be in the second round draft
Crazy that people with 99 are getting it while some folks with 100 still haven't got it. Wondering if there is some other factor I'm missing. :(
I don't know if this matters - but I ensured I had at least 100 mi (162 km) in a sliding window back every 7 days - even though the score is over 30 days.

Reactions: M109Rider
What's causing your score to drop? Braking, turning, following or forward collision?

Braking is pretty easy to take down even with high km. Just drive were there are lots of stop signs.

Following too close is also pretty easy. Drive off autopilot on the highway and keep the car in front of you about 3 seconds away.

Depending how much you drive it might be quicker than opting out which needs at least 6 days and you'll lose the security of your already high score.

It's also entirely possibly 98s get it soon..no one knows. Hope this helps!
In her defence, i did once get a phantom forward collision, but, she slams on the brakes a lot ... especially in parking lots .. she thinks everyone is going to ram her, so she slams the brakes and swears at them. its quite commical :)

She also doesn't care about the rules, so she does a lot of following too close.

• Funny
any 2021/2 S's? with downloads?
So far I only see one with a s/n very close to mine. I wonder if they are rolling out to selective hardware platforms. That would make much more sense then viewing us as consumers and wanting to deliver the product in order of purchase or otherwise. If I was Tesla, I would want to be testing the BETA on various platform and processor/equipment configurations to see how it works. My theory is that there are very little S refresh as it has the Ryzen platform and latest AP hardware so they know it will not have any performance issues handling the code. Just my theory as a hopeful EE :cool:

It actually drives better than I was expecting.
When it messes up, it does a good job of it. But otherwise, I’m impressed.
Super cool.
Lots of fun to be had with this. :)
I found it gets confused in mall parking lots and gets jerky (indecisive) in some situations.

And with a destination on a street with no middle line, it literally stops your journey in the middle of the street.

Mostly enjoyable watching it do turns, tackling roundabouts, for the first time.

Got my update last night. M3LR 99% SS with 2800 km. Tried it to work this morning and it looks pretty cool. Some negatives I found were abrupt braking at some red lights (so much for unsafe hard braking lol) and unnecessary lane changes (I'm sure there's an option to turn this off? didn't have time to check).
Can't wait to try after work.
By the way, safety score was still active and recording. Can someone please tell me this will eventually disappear? If not, it's a deal breaker for me lol.

I don't know if this matters - but I ensured I had at least 100 mi (162 km) in a sliding window back every 7 days - even though the score is over 30 days.
yikes is that correct, don't see any mention of this in the Tesla instruction on the safety score, only in Driveteslacanada site "Additionally, you have to drive a minimum of 160km over the course of the next 7 days. If you only drive 50km and have a 100 Safety Score, you won’t be eligible to download FSD Beta." have had my car in the garage for over a week with 100, so now have to do a lot of driving to catch up?
but Driveteslacanada also says once you have done the 160K "Alternatively, you can park your car and wait, ", so maybe the 160 is only initially???

Last edited:
Downloaded around 1:30am EST.
Installed immediately. 25 mins is a LONG time when you're sitting there staring at it and waiting.
Went for a 2 hour drive around Trenton and Belleville Ontario.
It drives like a scared teenager around corners! A little fast around corners for my liking too!
It's pretty neat though! Can't wait to try it out during the day now :)
Haha there is an area on westbound hwy 2 in Trenton (coming from Belleville) where the speed limit drops from 80 to 60 km/hr. For some reason, it never catches that and continues at 80 km/hr. Hopefully enough people from our area report that issue for them to fix it.

... where the speed limit drops from 80 to 60 km/hr.
Every crosswalk sign in my city that is conditional to "when lights flashing" at 30 km/h confuses the car, causing (AP) to quickly drop to 30 in a 50 or 60 zone down. I've just become accustomed to turning it off as I approach this and wait until the next 50/60 sign to resume.

I was hopeful FSD might be smarter somehow given the numerous bug reports I file on the design. Given I am in the beta ... maybe they'll pay closer attention now!

Here's a fun one from Edmonton from a CBC article "Sign, sign, everywhere a sign: Edmontonians frustrated with barrage of street signs" which illustrates this. (Ignore the time restricted 30 ones, that's not what I am referring to. And most intersections aren't this crazy.)

signs-3.jpg