Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
yikes is that correct, don't see any mention of this in the Tesla instruction on the safety score, only in Driveteslacanada site "Additionally, you have to drive a minimum of 160km over the course of the next 7 days. If you only drive 50km and have a 100 Safety Score, you won’t be eligible to download FSD Beta." have had my car in the garage for over a week with 100, so now have to do a lot of driving to catch up?
but Driveteslacanada also says once you have done the 160K "Alternatively, you can park your car and wait, ", so maybe the 160 is only initially???
i wish there is some clarification on this. I dont have 160 KM accumulated in last 7 days but i do have more than 300K in last 30 days. Can some one confirm that we have to maintain 160km in last 7 days with a score of 99 or above to get beta?

i wish there is some clarification on this. I dont have 160 KM accumulated in last 7 days but i do have more than 300K in last 30 days. Can some one confirm that we have to maintain 160km in last 7 days with a score of 99 or above to get beta?
There's no clarification about anything, unfortunately, but it is very unlikely that it's a rolling 7-day requirement. The "next 7 days" language was in that post because at that point they/we assumed that there would be a 7-day safety score period at the end of which the beta invites would be distributed. After numerous delays, the "7 day" rule wasn't accurate anymore -- it would be more accurate (I assume) to say that you must accumulate at least 160 km during the scoring window (i.e., the last 30 days) for your score to count. The rule is there to ensure that you can't drive for 10 minutes and then park your car until you get the beta, i.e., that your score is reflective of a significant amount of driving. If you have 160km during the scoring window I am quite sure you're fine.

• Helpful
Reactions: stanley7175
Anyone know where we can track disengagements that could result in a suspension of the beta.
I’ve heard the beta freak out twice now. Not sure if it’s a disengagement, or just alarms.
Anyone know where I can track throes ?
autopilot settings. under FSD Beta it tells you in that paragraph how many more strikeouts you have.

I had the red hands of death show up too, but that's not a strikeout.

TeslaFi shows 9 S and 4 X getting added to FSD Beta 10.11.1 right now. Maybe legacy vehicles are included now? Sounds like at least a 2017 S made in August (so RCCB and originally HW2.5) received it.
I doubt legacy's...my service centre said when camera replacement is available they will contact me, and there is no ETA..there is a lot of angst with USA legacy owners whom still have not got beta despite having their cams replaced...not looking good for legacy owners.

Reactions: Vawlkus
I doubt legacy's...my service centre said when camera replacement is available they will contact me, and there is no ETA..there is a lot of angst with USA legacy owners whom still have not got beta despite having their cams replaced...not looking good for legacy owners.
Not all legacy X & S need cameras so I would expect those to be able to get the FSD Beta. Seems like the manufacture cut-off date is around Aug 2017 for vehicles with compatible cameras (AP 2.5?). Maybe I am just being optimistic

I doubt legacy's...
There's multiple levels of "legacy:"
  • S/X before the current refresh/plaid
  • Autopilot computer: HW2 vs HW2.5 vs FSD
  • Infotainment computer: MCU1 vs MCU2
  • Cameras: RCCC vs RCCB

S/X from before the current refresh have been added to FSD Beta if they have FSD computer + MCU2 + RCCB cameras. You can check if your cameras are RCCC if the Magenta and Yellow look the same in TeslaCam / Rear side cameras: Colour test screen

Generally S/X made starting from August 2017 came with HW2.5 and RCCB cameras, and these are still "legacy" but not as "legacy legacy" as those that came with HW2 and RCCC cameras.

If you have FSD beta now, who does or does not still record safety score? I'm still recording after 20 hours and multiple drives.
yeah it is still recording for me. I had to hit the brake a few times to correct the mistakes by FSD and I got dinged for that.

I don't think the safety score matters anymore even though they are still being recorded, but that is just my opinion.

If you have FSD beta now, who does or does not still record safety score? I'm still recording after 20 hours and multiple drives.
I like to use my brakes like a normal person again and I don't like how my safety score is being recorded. I might just hit the brakes on purpose a few times so I really don't have to care about my scores. Hopefully it disappears soon.

My service rep talked with engineering and they fixed my score not recording! If anyone is on 2022.8.2 and it’s not showing the safety score PM me I can give you his number he says to text him your vin he can get it fixed!

C7704EC2-6CBB-4329-9199-824701D0DF89.png

As I check for an update several times a day, waiting for my turn, I ponder what factors could make me not a chosen one. I have a 99 score, 2018 model 3. But this morning I poked through my settings and rediscovered that under data sharing/privacy I was not allowing Tesla to access clips from my cabin camera or autopilot cameras. Just good privacy hygiene I figured. I've enabled them now, but does anyone know if these settings are factors determining who gets it? I'd have figured I'd still get the choice and have to accept all the appropriate data sharing as part of beta.

Bandit, I think statistically they have released it to very few people so far and we should expect more and more. I have a Refresh S yet only one in Ontario has received it (per Teslafi so perhaps others) so my theory is that the releases are going out across various hardware platforms to check for performance with the various processors and cameras etc. To me, that would be the only thing that would make sense vs people that purchased it first or paid more for FSD (IE commercial reasons). There are not a lot of people in this thread yet a few of them have received the update so it is happening. I doubt it is a factor in selection or one would think they would say 'if you want FSD you have to enable all the stuff'. There were more 100s going out and then some 99s which makes me stick to my theory about testing across platforms. Models by years by processors by cameras. Statistically I see far more Model 3s than others but likely because there is a significantly higher proportion vs X/S and probably Ys. Just a theory. As I don't have it yet...all I can do is dream and wonder....

Reactions: Peripatetic
As I check for an update several times a day, waiting for my turn, I ponder what factors could make me not a chosen one. I have a 99 score, 2018 model 3. But this morning I poked through my settings and rediscovered that under data sharing/privacy I was not allowing Tesla to access clips from my cabin camera or autopilot cameras. Just good privacy hygiene I figured. I've enabled them now, but does anyone know if these settings are factors determining who gets it? I'd have figured I'd still get the choice and have to accept all the appropriate data sharing as part of beta.
I'm in the same boat, (2018 Model 3 with 99 score) but have had the data sharing enabled, and still don't have the FSB Beta yet. So it might not be related. But probably good to have enabled anyways. It could just be a random selection from those that are in the approval zone.

I was also wondering if the Premium Connectivity status had an impact. I am currently subscribed but would be interested in how many people with FSD Beta are subscribed..