Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I realized tonight that you can slide the fsd driving visualization over to occupy the full screen (hide the GPS map). Pretty cool ..but not sure if this was always here and I never noticed it before?

It works even with on the highway in AP making it full screen.

I do think the success of fsd is very situational still. It's definitely not an easy task and it's doing an admirable job, but this doesn't pass the wife test in my household. Meaning she will never feel safe driving with this on (more fun for me though. )

I don't have any insight or evidence. It just looks to me that all new FSD install reports stopped at the same time. If someone got the FSD version after installing 2022.8.x please report here. It will mean my assumption is wrong and there is hope (my SS is 98).
Sadly you are right... Just from a software persp ctive you can't move from 8.2 backwards to 4.5.20 :( so frustrating. I wonder why they gave it to some people with 99 safety score before all the folks with a 100 score.

Sadly you are right... Just from a software persp ctive you can't move from 8.2 backwards to 4.5.20 :( so frustrating. I wonder why they gave it to some people with 99 safety score before all the folks with a 100 score.
These are good and possibly accurate assumptions. I was asking as I read in one of the threads that linked to an article that the 2022.8.2 did have a branch to FSD. I went to the article and it did state that 'yes, there is a branch to FSD from 8.2', I tried to quickly find it now but could not so I will try to find later. There must be a branch or many of us on the 2022.8.2 would be excluded period. In the end, as I have learned with this being my first Tesla, you get things when you get things and what you don't get is information ! What I do believe is that the beta rollout for this version seems to have stalled.

I realized tonight that you can slide the fsd driving visualization over to occupy the full screen (hide the GPS map). Pretty cool ..but not sure if this was always here and I never noticed it before?

It works even with on the highway in AP making it full screen.

I do think the success of fsd is very situational still. It's definitely not an easy task and it's doing an admirable job, but this doesn't pass the wife test in my household. Meaning she will never feel safe driving with this on (more fun for me though. )
That screen slide is a beta thing. Only does that with beta. Been doing it for a while.
I think the beta works differently in each city. I find it’s pretty good in the Waterloo region. Also, driving late at night with minimal cars, really shows me that the car has the driving part down pretty well.
It needs more work with lots of traffic. Very unsure of itself, delays a lot, etc.
I can definitely see where some continued incremental improvements will help, but I think some key software advancements will throw this into amazing mode quickly. I can definitely see this coming together.

These are good and possibly accurate assumptions. I was asking as I read in one of the threads that linked to an article that the 2022.8.2 did have a branch to FSD. I went to the article and it did state that 'yes, there is a branch to FSD from 8.2', I tried to quickly find it now but could not so I will try to find later. There must be a branch or many of us on the 2022.8.2 would be excluded period. In the end, as I have learned with this being my first Tesla, you get things when you get things and what you don't get is information ! What I do believe is that the beta rollout for this version seems to have stalled.
Not surprisingly, they logically would be extremely careful, methodical especially rolling out to a new country. And also pause and check results. That would not delay normal feature and bug updates with its own number sequence. They can always renumber FSDBeta releases accordingly if that is needed

They can take their time with the FSD beta rollout if it's deemed safer to do so but I wish they could send out the invites first so people don't have to stress out about their safety scores.
By the way, anyone's safety score gone from the app since they got their FSD beta? Mine's still active and it's dropping every second I drive lol.

My service rep talked with engineering and they fixed my score not recording! If anyone is on 2022.8.2 and it’s not showing the safety score PM me I can give you his number he says to text him your vin he can get it fixed!

View attachment 787481
I texted him but he is not offering a fix right away. Instead, my vin has been added to a list and will be fixed once a wide scale solution is available. In other words, no getting a safety score anytime soon.

Just got back from a week in Montreal and sure enough my update too was 2022.8.2. I didn’t find any firmware branch to FSD beta so I guess this is it for now. Time to opt out and then try again when they roll out the next version.

my experience has been pretty spotty so far. Sometimes it seems to work quite well but then other times it tries to pull out in in front of a garbage truck turning left or go around cars that are clearly stopped for a construction site. I’m not sure if I can post links here but if you search for Tesla full self driving Victoria Canada you can see some of my videos. The channel is called gray Tesla Victoria.

What I do believe is that the beta rollout for this version seems to have stalled.
According to Drive Tesla Canada, based on a tweet from Elon, it has stalled.

That screen slide is a beta thing. Only does that with beta. Been doing it for a while.
I think the beta works differently in each city. I find it’s pretty good in the Waterloo region. Also, driving late at night with minimal cars, really shows me that the car has the driving part down pretty well.
It needs more work with lots of traffic. Very unsure of itself, delays a lot, etc.
I can definitely see where some continued incremental improvements will help, but I think some key software advancements will throw this into amazing mode quickly. I can definitely see this coming together.
Yeah, I agree. It works, but it's gotta be in the right state of mind and environment to not seem jittery. With regular autopilot and summon it was pretty easy to show people, but fsd is great to demo to people who understands how difficult it actually is to achieve autonomy. For the average person, it seems pretty unreliable I'm sure. I see why they are limiting the beta.

According to Drive Tesla Canada, based on a tweet from Elon, it has stalled.
I am back up to 99.2 and my worst score drops off tomorrow. I am going to claw my way back to 100 and hold. Too deep into this to disable and who knows where I go in the queue. It will happen. Same as delivery finally did seven months after ordering…..

Reactions: M109Rider