Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally I have the safety score! Day one, driven 50km and the score is 100. 😄

Is there a minimum km you are supposed to drive before being considered into the Beta program? I could drive between Montreal and Toronto few times if necessary... 😁
Looks like 160 kM (100 miles) however, as the app weights per km driven, the more you drive the less the score is impacted by one AH cutting you off :)

Reactions: M109Rider
Got a phantom FCL and shot down to 96, since I don’t drive much I’m at around 200km. I’ve since driven 50km and it’s gone up to 98 now. To get back to 100 seems like I’d have to drive a good 500-800km more. I’ll probably only drive 100-150km this week, is it worth just resetting and starting back at 100? Anyone have success resetting? I tried opting out and waited a few hours and opted in and it just continued by score. Any ideas?

Got a phantom FCL and shot down to 96, since I don’t drive much I’m at around 200km. I’ve since driven 50km and it’s gone up to 98 now. To get back to 100 seems like I’d have to drive a good 500-800km more. I’ll probably only drive 100-150km this week, is it worth just resetting and starting back at 100? Anyone have success resetting? I tried opting out and waited a few hours and opted in and it just continued by score. Any ideas?
I would just keep driving. Many scores are weighted per kms driven so it is super sensitive to a hit. As you get more kms it weights it across the distance and after 30 days your initial days start to drop off. If ANY way possible DO NOT touch your brake pedal for any reason if you can avoid. Even a minor touch will hit you with a red hard braking penalty. That is a no fly zone as it is not accurate IE minor vs major braking. Anything if you are moving is a hard red.

Even a minor touch will hit you with a red hard braking penalty.
So you're saying don't drive at all if you're at 100% charge or it's so cold out that regen is totally disabled?

I drove a few times during very cold days recently with no regen available, so I had to use the brakes. I was careful when slowing down and ended up with 0% hard braking every time. Conversely, I got dinged once for hard braking on a trip where I never touched the brake pedal even once (except when not moving, to change gears).

(I must say that after getting used to regen, it's a strange feeling having the car coast when you lift off the throttle pedal 🙂)

I would just keep driving. Many scores are weighted per kms driven so it is super sensitive to a hit. As you get more kms it weights it across the distance and after 30 days your initial days start to drop off. If ANY way possible DO NOT touch your brake pedal for any reason if you can avoid. Even a minor touch will hit you with a red hard braking penalty. That is a no fly zone as it is not accurate IE minor vs major braking. Anything if you are moving is a hard red.

So you're saying don't drive at all if you're at 100% charge or it's so cold out that regen is totally disabled?

I drove a few times during very cold days recently with no regen available, so I had to use the brakes. I was careful when slowing down and ended up with 0% hard braking every time. Conversely, I got dinged once for hard braking on a trip where I never touched the brake pedal even once (except when not moving, to change gears).

(I must say that after getting used to regen, it's a strange feeling having the car coast when you lift off the throttle pedal 🙂)
You can definitely use brakes, but also have to be careful not to be too aggressive. I actually find (found) it easier to put regen to low which means I do need to use brakes a bit when slowing down. This was two fold, one: I felt it gave me better control for keeping my safety score up (I thought that standard regen may result in braking force too high, but it doesnt seem like it does). This might be why some say any amount of braking causes a penalty. That may be true if you are in standard regen, but definitely not in low regen.

Ya I’ve been solid on everything else. I pretty much use regen for all braking. At lights I can still launch off its great.

Personally I would say it depends on which model. My 2018 M3 RWD LR didn’t have that much regen, now that I have a MYP wow it’s a lot more regen even when regen is reduced I can pretty much stop on regen.

Wasn't sure if those waiting had seen this yet...fingers crossed for you all...

Wasn't sure if those waiting had seen this yet...fingers crossed for you all...

Talked to a tech who came to install the garage opener and he said 10.11.1 has bugs and that why even in the US those on 10.10.2 have not been moved to the new build. The reason why some got it with a 99 or 98 score was cause they apparently live in parts of Canada where there are not many teslas around and they need the cars to learn as much of Canadian roads as possible. Also with the head of AI being on leave he thinks it will be a bit of a wait till they release the next one which again will be tested on a few to ensure no bugs before a wider rollout. I hope he is wrong.

Ya I’ve been solid on everything else. I pretty much use regen for all braking. At lights I can still launch off its great.

Personally I would say it depends on which model. My 2018 M3 RWD LR didn’t have that much regen, now that I have a MYP wow it’s a lot more regen even when regen is reduced I can pretty much stop on regen.
My regen reduced quite a bit since upgrading to 2022.8.2. Took a while getting used to as I had to hit the brakes a few times. Had got used to stopping just using regen so it didn’t affect my score but since the upgrade it takes longer to stop on regen.

Talked to a tech who came to install the garage opener and he said 10.11.1 has bugs and that why even in the US those on 10.10.2 have not been moved to the new build. The reason why some got it with a 99 or 98 score was cause they apparently live in parts of Canada where there are not many teslas around and they need the cars to learn as much of Canadian roads as possible. Also with the head of AI being on leave he thinks it will be a bit of a wait till they release the next one which again will be tested on a few to ensure no bugs before a wider rollout. I hope he is wrong.
There's a tonne of Tesla's around Burlington, so I bet it's more likely this is same old Tesla randomly rolling out releases. Eventually everyone with get it. They released to a subset, and will use this rollout to fix some bugs and everyone will be happy soon.

Reactions: M109Rider

It is seriously strange as if I even touch my brakes while in motion I take a hit. I lightly pressed them on a drive to wipe my rotors and took a full red hit. Every single time I touch them I get a penalty! You cannot adjust the regen in the new S. when I charged to 100% for a long trip, I got to an intersection with almost no regen and had to use brakes for the last meter of the stop and got a red penalty.

It’s insane that the entire FSD AI program rests with one person who is on LOA ?