Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Who has beta experience with roundabouts? Awesome when it works, but usually just stops 2 or 3 times, and then if there's any traffic coming it waits until the last second, and then wants to jump out in front of them. Tesla's getting 5-10 roundabout snapshots from me per day.

When you guys have FSD interventions are you reporting them to Tesla? I guess the way to do that is to tap the film camera icon, or in these later versions are forced disengagements automatically shared? I've had a few doozies and probably should have hit the film icon (if that's the reporting button).

After driving in this morning I think there have been some improvements in reducing the jerkiness and hesitation in turning. At least on my limited drive, but there are a couple turns it would consistently take in a very shaky method before. This morning those same 3 turns were smooth.

Still wanted to sit in the centre of the road when near my work, which doesn't have a centre line marker but clearly is wider than a single lane (probably wide enough for 3 lanes or more). If there are cars, it does the right thing, but there are also some big curves in the road and its not safe to have FSD on in that section of the drive because you'll freak the heck out of the oncoming traffic where FSD wants to put you.

Also, I keep forgetting to mention this and not sure if others have noticed, but it basically doesn't respond to any of the speed bumps in my neighborhood. Drives over them as if they aren't even there. I do feel like when I was in a parking lot once where the speed bumps were painted yellow it saw them. But on the street those 'speed humps' with arrows painted on them dont seem to be picked up, so I always disable FSD before going over those.

Lets hope the trend of improvements continues. I'm holding off a 'show and tell' to most people at work until it actually performs a bit more reliably.

I had an FSD Autopilot error where it shut off while I was stopped at a red light, gave me the red steering wheel, and put on the four way flashers. I will post a video at my YouTube channel called “Grey Tesla Victoria”. Can’t seem to post a link here.

After driving in this morning I think there have been some improvements in reducing the jerkiness and hesitation in turning. At least on my limited drive, but there are a couple turns it would consistently take in a very shaky method before. This morning those same 3 turns were smooth.

Still wanted to sit in the centre of the road when near my work, which doesn't have a centre line marker but clearly is wider than a single lane (probably wide enough for 3 lanes or more). If there are cars, it does the right thing, but there are also some big curves in the road and its not safe to have FSD on in that section of the drive because you'll freak the heck out of the oncoming traffic where FSD wants to put you.

I have a lot of 2 lane wide unmarked roads with center median where I'm at and the normal behaviour is to drive adjacent to the center median. FSD Beta prefers to drive in the middle unless there are parked cars. The worst is when turning either left or right, the car will often be in the correct unmarked side of this wide road but will divert towards the middle to make the turn. So for a right turn, it will go the right but then go back to the middle before making a wide right turn. I cringe when anyone is around to see the car driving like this as we all treat these roads as two lanes near intersections.

Parallel Parking? Parking lot with lines only and not inbetween two cars? I tried the Parking lot with lines only doesn't work. Parking lot with cars in between I don't see the P logo anymore when driving very slowly in the parking lot.
Did it twice, same spot parking lot with lines, drove by the next car, and backed in with no car on the other side.

Parallel Parking? Parking lot with lines only and not inbetween two cars? I tried the Parking lot with lines only doesn't work. Parking lot with cars in between I don't see the P logo anymore when driving very slowly in the parking lot.
The parking system pops up for parallels, but between the lines you have to select reverse near a spot, then the autopark will show up now. Works for cars and lines now.

Reactions: M109Rider
FSD regularly freezes (started with 10.11.1 and continues in 10.11.2). At least once a day the FSD visualization screen freezes up - stuck on the same part of the road and stops showing surrounding cars/objects. One time, it froze when FSD was engaged and in the middle of an unprotected left turn. Not the most pleasant experience I must say.

Rebooting didn't solve the problem. Does anyone have the same issue? And any recommendation for a fix?

Attachments

• F64CFB07-6527-4377-9EA8-E31E4CFC7192.jpeg
    F64CFB07-6527-4377-9EA8-E31E4CFC7192.jpeg
    256.7 KB · Views: 52
FSD regularly freezes (started with 10.11.1 and continues in 10.11.2). At least once a day the FSD visualization screen freezes up - stuck on the same part of the road and stops showing surrounding cars/objects. One time, it froze when FSD was engaged and in the middle of an unprotected left turn. Not the most pleasant experience I must say.

Rebooting didn't solve the problem. Does anyone have the same issue? And any recommendation for a fix?
Just curious, does FSD continue to drive the car when the freezing happened? Is it just the visualization that is frozen or also the driving?

If it affects the drivability of FSD, I think it’s a pretty serious issue, even a design flaw to some extent. The FSD hardware was supposed to have redundancy for even the processing unit, and so it should survive these freezing by falling back to the other processing unit.

Just curious, does FSD continue to drive the car when the freezing happened? Is it just the visualization that is frozen or also the driving?

If it affects the drivability of FSD, I think it’s a pretty serious issue, even a design flaw to some extent. The FSD hardware was supposed to have redundancy for even the processing unit, and so it should survive these freezing by falling back to the other processing unit.

It didn’t try to brake right away but there were loud warnings and a small sign at the bottom telling you to take control. I took over right away so I don’t know sure what was going to happen if I didn’t. It was a bit scary as it happened during an unprotected left turn - though the street was quite empty at the time.