Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
just dropped.

1649506258372.png

Anyone know any tricks to get the FSD beta software update? I’ve had a safety score of 99-100 since the rollout began and still nothing.
There's no trick, you just have to wait for it to show up. They haven't added any new cars for the last week or so it seems, some of us on here have the update and others are still waiting.

I think they are going to expand it when the software becomes more stable on Canadian roads. I took FSD to downtown Hamilton yesterday and that was a 'fun' experience. I'm used to reacting quickly, but it was sure doing some questionable things, so I think its right that they get a bit more stable before adding more people.

If you understand how difficult it is to do what they are attempting, its pretty impressive, but if you are expecting 'FSD' without interventions there is a risk of bad PR, which is why personally I think its best to wait and limit the rollout. I know it kind of sucks to hear, and if I didn't have the update I'd be pissed about having to keep my safety score and wait, but having experienced it for the past 2 weeks I'd say its the right call to get more stable before casting a wider net.

Curious, would you be able to post a screenshot of the camera upgrade option on your phone? I too have a legacy X and waiting for the camera upgrade notification. Thanks in advance.
Since I already have an appointment booked so I can't get into the same menu options to show you where to book it, but here's a confirmation pic of the work to be done

Found this pic on another thread for US Legacy X

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-04-09-13-42-24-73_dea0ed4dc7fea9051b966dd91d80d9ae.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-04-09-13-42-24-73_dea0ed4dc7fea9051b966dd91d80d9ae.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 51
  • Informative
Reactions: Shaz
Autopark pretty much doesn't work without fsd beta either 😄...it's gotten better but it takes forever and if anyone is waiting/watching it makes you look like a moron because it takes 30 seconds to back up into a spot that should take 5 seconds.

Idk.. I use it several times a week and I don’t remember the last time it failed on me. It’s not as fast as I would be, but that also applies to anything I do..

Reactions: M109Rider
Anyone know any tricks to get the FSD beta software update? I’ve had a safety score of 99-100 since the rollout began and still nothing.
My advice is to maintain your score at 100. It can be difficult. With a 100 score you'll be in the best position to be added. Besides score I'd speculate that your location may play a factor if Tesla is looking for more vehicles in a certain location for differentiated feedback. Outside that you're also waiting for Tesla to open to more vehicles or potentially for some testers to drop out or be kicked out.

My estimate is there is a cap of 3000 FSD Beta testers in Canada at the moment.

• Informative
Reactions: pz1975
ITS....SO.....HARD.....:( I have a score of 99 with 3,000 kMs and actually got it back to 100. I was driving down Guelph line into Burlington on AP and as I crested a corner, if there is a car coming the other way the AP thinks it is going to collide and I got a big 'auto jerk' and warnings. I took a hit for aggressive steering (while on AP) and back to 99...... don't...touch...the brake....ever.....never....unless it is to save you.

Those of you with radar enabled cars, it seems my radar is still enabled on fsd. While driving the small arcs indicating curbs or close cars still come up. I thought I read somewhere that fsd disables radar so it operates like newer cars without radar but that doesn't seem to be the case.
I’m not sure that’s radar. Those are kiley just sensors. Those little plastic buttons you see on the front and back bumpers are sensors, not radar.
The radar is located in the front bumper and not marked by one of those button sensors.
I believe. ..

ITS....SO.....HARD.....:( I have a score of 99 with 3,000 kMs and actually got it back to 100. I was driving down Guelph line into Burlington on AP and as I crested a corner, if there is a car coming the other way the AP thinks it is going to collide and I got a big 'auto jerk' and warnings. I took a hit for aggressive steering (while on AP) and back to 99...... don't...touch...the brake....ever.....never....unless it is to save you.
That sucks. I feel for those that don’t have the beta yet.
Keep up the push. Hopefully soon for you guys.

Sometimes use the brakes when needed! I was relying on regen breaking through a roundabout where cars stopped for pedestrians, I relied on full regen and it would have stopped in time but got dinged for a FCW which is worse than hard braking! I had enough room and regen would have stopped on time but I guess whatever logic they have says I’m not braking

Those of you with radar enabled cars, it seems my radar is still enabled on fsd. While driving the small arcs indicating curbs or close cars still come up. I thought I read somewhere that fsd disables radar so it operates like newer cars without radar but that doesn't seem to be the case.
Those arcs represent the ultrasonic sensors, not radar.