Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got rid of my beta request. I get getting phantom FCW which was killing my score. I get about one a week. Which effs me over for it rolling over lol.

I am assuming that since I did that, he will let more people in, so you’re all welcome :)
This is exactly why I am circling the rim to opt out. I have almost 17,000 km on the car and never had one FCW prior to opting into the Beta program. I have had three of them in 2,200 kMs. Not one of them was even remotely valid and it kicks you back into the stone age on score. As brutal as touching the brake pedal. I had 970 kms of 100% left to get back to 100% score and had a phantom FCW last evening that has me at 2,100 kms at 100% to get back to 100%. The safety score is a real window into human psychology as one could say, don't opt out, just drive and forget about checking it but we have this competitive OCD in our id's that prevent that !

Reactions: Gabbleratchet7
Mine were all dumb. I was driving up mount pleasant one day in the left lane. The guy in front of me goes to turn left. If you know the area that could take hours. So I switched to the right lane. About a couple hundred meters up was a parked car in the right lane. My plan was just to go around the guy in the left. I got a massive FCW with a score of the day at 83! I wasn’t even going very fast. If I remember correctly I was almost stopped. Lol

It was liberating. Seriously. I opted out and started taking the corners like everyone else and didn’t care if the guy in front cut me off. When the stir starts about more invites, I will turn it back on as I know how it rolls now. It was liberating.
I'M OUT BABY!!!!! You're right! Its liberating! Now i don't get annoyed at my wife when she's driving! IT'S GONNA SAVE MY MARRIAGE lol

F ya it’s totally broken. Today turned right, got a FCW on a pedestrian walking on the sidewalk! He’s not even close to in my way, I took video even then it’s not clear why, he’s not even on the front camera at all! The warning showed a pedestrian. He’s on the f sidewalk wtf. Knocked me down to 97

The biggest disappointment for me is losing radar. Had a pretty long stretch of stop and go due to highway construction and I was surprised how poorly it performs. Autopilot with radar was amazing in these situations, city commute was a dream, smooth and relaxing. Now it just does not judge the distance as well. It lunges at the car in front and brakes inconsistently I intervened several times. If you are a commuter with a radar car it is something to consider. I’m not commuting now with Covid but if this performance hasn’t improved when I am back in the office I will do everything I can to get downgraded. Something to consider if your thinking about opting out.

Last edited:
The biggest disappointment for me is losing radar. Had a pretty long stretch of stop and go due to highway construction and I was surprised how poorly it performs. Autopilot with radar was amazing in these situations, city commute was a dream, smooth and relaxing. Now it just does not judge the distance as well. It lunges at the car in front and brakes inconsistently I intervened several times. If you are a commuter with a radar car it is something to consider. I’m not commuting now with Covid but if this performance hasn’t improved when I am back in the office I will do everything I can to get downgraded. Something to consider if your thinking about opting out.
I myself haven’t noticed any difference at all from radar to visual only.
The differences I’ve noticed, are from software version to software version.