Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just had Tesla mobile service come in and upgrade my cams for FSD. He said I was the first he had done, as they are just getting the parts now. For those of you who have not rec'd the alert on the app. I would create a new service appt. for camera upgrades, and that may help get you on the list for the upgrade.

I've attached some before / after pics of the side cams. They replaced ALL my cams, as my car is a late 2016 model... you can see the colour difference once upgraded.
1650985357999.png
1650985374255.png
1650985396968.png
1650985420315.png

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Shaz
Just had Tesla mobile service come in and upgrade my cams for FSD. He said I was the first he had done, as they are just getting the parts now. For those of you who have not rec'd the alert on the app. I would create a new service appt. for camera upgrades, and that may help get you on the list for the upgrade.

I've attached some before / after pics of the side cams. They replaced ALL my cams, as my car is a late 2016 model... you can see the colour difference once upgraded.
View attachment 797679View attachment 797680View attachment 797681View attachment 797682

Thanks for the update and congrats on getting the camera upgrades on your legacy X.

I checked the service request app and unfortunately it looks like for me the upgrade option for cameras is still not available. I am hoping this changes once I get a notification from Tesla that camera upgrades are available for my car.

Here is what the feature upgrade looks like for my Legacy X in the app.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220426-172102_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20220426-172102_Tesla.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 54
Thanks for the update and congrats on getting the camera upgrades on your legacy X.

I checked the service request app and unfortunately it looks like for me the upgrade option for cameras is still not available. I am hoping this changes once I get a notification from Tesla that camera upgrades are available for my car.

Here is what the feature upgrade looks like for my Legacy X in the app.
@Shaz when I first heard about the cameras I just went into the service app and requested service to upgrade the cameras even though the option wasn't there. They then contacted me and said there was no upgrade available at the time but I think you get put on a list by doing that and then when it was available you got notified.

I've attached some screenshots of what you should select and then in the "describe concern" of the service just put " FSD camera upgrades for legacy X".. as by creating a Tesla service request, you'll get a reply back from a Tesla Tech within the app chat within a day and you can ask them to put you on the list or what the expected ETA is.
The tech who did my car said he was going to another X right after my appointment so I'm not the only one.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-04-26-17-33-14-45_dea0ed4dc7fea9051b966dd91d80d9ae.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-04-26-17-33-14-45_dea0ed4dc7fea9051b966dd91d80d9ae.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 44
  • Screenshot_2022-04-26-17-32-58-88_dea0ed4dc7fea9051b966dd91d80d9ae.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-04-26-17-32-58-88_dea0ed4dc7fea9051b966dd91d80d9ae.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 38
  • Informative
Reactions: Shaz
@Shaz when I first heard about the cameras I just went into the service app and requested service to upgrade the cameras even though the option wasn't there. They then contacted me and said there was no upgrade available at the time but I think you get put on a list by doing that and then when it was available you got notified.

I've attached some screenshots of what you should select and then in the "describe concern" of the service just put " FSD camera upgrades for legacy X".. as by creating a Tesla service request, you'll get a reply back from a Tesla Tech within the app chat within a day and you can ask them to put you on the list or what the expected ETA is.
The tech who did my car said he was going to another X right after my appointment so I'm not the only one.
Thanks! Will give it a try.

I think I know the answer here but has anyone been added to the beta over the past week or 2 that has a 99/100 score? I’m trying to hang on but not sure how much longer I can keep it up here.
As one who liberated themselves by opting out for now....I think it will roll exactly as it did last time. There will be a lot of lather in the forums etc that there are going to be more releases in Canada, we all opt in quickly and drive like Ms. Daisy (yet this time knowing what NOT to do) and then Tesla individually selects the hardware platforms that they want to enter into the program. I stand by my theory that they are methodically enrolling vehicle configurations to see how various configurations of camera's and processors work and in no way customer centric based. To me, their approach makes sense and why there have been so few 2021+ Model S enrolled (I think one in Canada) as they KNOW how it will do !!! I believe hanging on is of zero value as it take very little time/effort to re enroll and quickly establish a 100% score. Many that got enrolled had extremely low kM's on their score and even some 99's got in so I defer to my platform theory. MHO who released my FOMO

Reactions: CdnElec
Just curious. I am enrolled in the FSD beta testing. So if I sell the car the new owner will he or she be allowed to use it or it will have to qualify again? Another thing, will this FSD beta add any value to the car?
That's an interesting question. FSD does transfer with the car, so I'm guessing that the beta would as well (otherwise they would need to downgrade your software). I guess they could force push a software update. Anything is possible.

I'd say for sure that selling the car and advertising it as 'fsd enabled' would probably violate something in the terms of use and they could revoke access very likely.

But my gut says it would probably transfer over.

As one who liberated themselves by opting out for now....I think it will roll exactly as it did last time. There will be a lot of lather in the forums etc that there are going to be more releases in Canada, we all opt in quickly and drive like Ms. Daisy (yet this time knowing what NOT to do) and then Tesla individually selects the hardware platforms that they want to enter into the program. I stand by my theory that they are methodically enrolling vehicle configurations to see how various configurations of camera's and processors work and in no way customer centric based. To me, their approach makes sense and why there have been so few 2021+ Model S enrolled (I think one in Canada) as they KNOW how it will do !!! I believe hanging on is of zero value as it take very little time/effort to re enroll and quickly establish a 100% score. Many that got enrolled had extremely low kM's on their score and even some 99's got in so I defer to my platform theory. MHO who released my FOMO
your analysis makes sense, I also have a 2021 s refresh LR, interestingly (to me anyway) my software has been "stuck" on 2022.8.2 though there of course have been many upgrades since this. wonder if you also are in the same situation and can mean a potential FSD upgrade shortly to our cars?

your analysis makes sense, I also have a 2021 s refresh LR, interestingly (to me anyway) my software has been "stuck" on 2022.8.2 though there of course have been many upgrades since this. wonder if you also are in the same situation and can mean a potential FSD upgrade shortly to our cars?
same. stuck at 2022.8.2

Your suggestion was a theory I hung on to for some time thinking it was keeping us in a certain branch or fork of code. Now I have the 'check daily' pavlovian response to see if there is a pending software upgrade to get me 'movin along'..... just don't know.