Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Shaz when I first heard about the cameras I just went into the service app and requested service to upgrade the cameras even though the option wasn't there. They then contacted me and said there was no upgrade available at the time but I think you get put on a list by doing that and then when it was available you got notified.

I've attached some screenshots of what you should select and then in the "describe concern" of the service just put " FSD camera upgrades for legacy X".. as by creating a Tesla service request, you'll get a reply back from a Tesla Tech within the app chat within a day and you can ask them to put you on the list or what the expected ETA is.
The tech who did my car said he was going to another X right after my appointment so I'm not the only one.
Just an update from me. Tried reaching out through the app by scheduling the appointment. They cancelled it today and messaged me saying "We currently do not have any retrofit parts for your VIN range." I was advised to follow up again in a month's time. This was from Tesla Vaughan Service Centre. Will try again next month.

• Informative
Reactions: TrevTremaine
Just an update from me. Tried reaching out through the app by scheduling the appointment. They cancelled it today and messaged me saying "We currently do not have any retrofit parts for your VIN range." I was advised to follow up again in a month's time. This was from Tesla Vaughan Service Centre. Will try again next month.
What year / model is your car ?

It's a 2017 Model X 75D, August build.
I remember the tech who did my car said he was going to do another 2017 later build model after mine and that it only required 2 camera upgrades, unlike mine which required all cams to be changed..
so I am sure your on the list now..they bumped my first appointment for a month as well..just follow up in a month with another request if you don't get the alert in the app.

• Informative
Reactions: Shaz
I am done with this safety score crap. I was trying to get back up to a score of 99 for the past couple weeks by doing some 100km highway runs a couple times a week. According to the score calculator at notateslaapp.com I only needed another 150kms. Well today some dumbass pulls an illegal u-turn in front of me and sets off the forward collision warning. That set my daily score to 49 and now the calculator says I need almost 600kms to hit an overall score of 99. I'm so infuriated.

Reactions: Andy O
I am done with this safety score crap. I was trying to get back up to a score of 99 for the past couple weeks by doing some 100km highway runs a couple times a week. According to the score calculator at notateslaapp.com I only needed another 150kms. Well today some dumbass pulls an illegal u-turn in front of me and sets off the forward collision warning. That set my daily score to 49 and now the calculator says I need almost 600kms to hit an overall score of 99. I'm so infuriated.
I feel crazy at the same time being so careful to hold my 99 but we have no indication that they will even release another beta to new people. I don’t know why we do this to ourselves.

• Funny
Reactions: M109Rider
Seriously: ditch it. It was just as exciting to get rid of it, than it was when we all first got it (with hopes of getting the beta). Its been so nice to not have to worry about this kind of thing :)

Reactions: Damien99
Seriously: ditch it. It was just as exciting to get rid of it, than it was when we all first got it (with hopes of getting the beta). Its been so nice to not have to worry about this kind of thing :)
I know I am just piling on here but I see absolutely zero reason to keep nursing the score. You only need what 160 kMs to get over the threshold so why not enjoy riding the lightning and when real chatter starts about more releases, enable the request and go drive like Miss Daisey again for a few days and see if you get anointed. For sure this is an 'each to their own' as there are people extremely happy to be Beta testing and bleeding edge on the FSD and others that want to enjoy the car driving it. I am a hard core geek but after driving in FSD decided that I just really enjoyed driving the car and am willing to wait for progress. There are zero indications on next batch releases and people in the US (and probably Canada) waiting for years so maintaining the score IMO just seems pointless.

One thing to share here that I was glad to see: automatic disengagement due to speed over 120 km/h doesn't count as a 'forced autopilot disengagement'

This morning on the way to work I had cruise set to 121km/h. I didn't think much about it and for most of the drive I was around 115. Then at the end I guess it went to 121, and immediately I got the red steering wheel and take over immediately message. At the time I wasn't sure why, so I re enabled autopilot and got the message...twice.

That's when I thought, oh crap it disabled AP because I was at 121 km/h. Since you can only have 5 forced disengagements before being kicked off beta I kind of freaked a bit. I did a double scroll wheel reset, and not sure if that did anything, but after getting to the car for the ride home I checked the AP screen and it still says I have no forced disengagements...phew!

For those still waiting on the beta, remember it's still only driving like a 14 year old. Cool to show people and I do use it daily, but I have to pay more attention than when I drive myself. So your relaxation is probably more when not in the safety score hell, or FSD, and they don't seem to be adding anyone anyway....so like many have said, just enjoy driving. We will be the guinea pigs that hopefully make it better for when new versions drop 🤞

Gosh, you godda HOPE that they are hedging on something interesting happening soon. I feel good because I only paid $ 10,600 to not get on the beta vs the fools that will pay $ 12,800 to not get on the beta ! Logical minds would hope/believe/think/wish that this is a foreshadowing of a wider release as people paying new higher money would expect to be able to play with the toy.

Gosh, you godda HOPE that they are hedging on something interesting happening soon. I feel good because I only paid $ 10,600 to not get on the beta vs the fools that will pay $ 12,800 to not get on the beta ! Logical minds would hope/believe/think/wish that this is a foreshadowing of a wider release as people paying new higher money would expect to be able to play with the toy.
I paid $6,600 for mine. The first beta drop in Canada was actually pretty cool. The last version dropped is not that good. Definitely a step back. Hopefully the next one is a few steps forward. :)

Reactions: Proppilot
One thing to share here that I was glad to see: automatic disengagement due to speed over 120 km/h doesn't count as a 'forced autopilot disengagement'
In my experience, this number is 130km/h. You can set it at 130 and be fine, but it'll shut off at anything over that number. I'm on the 401 every day with the car and usually set to 125. I too, was happy to see this didn't count as a "forced disengagement".