Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm beginning to wonder if it's the software is being tested or the driver instead? 🤔
Ya idk. The major issues i observed was the car making a left turn, but slamming on the brake half way through (putting me in oncoming traffic). I had to floor it to clear the intersection before getting hit by an oncoming car, which originally there was more than enough of a gap to safely make the left turn.

There were no Pedestrians, cyclists, or cross traffic. (This was my first left turn with the new software vs the previous version which never did that).

Another was on a road in a subdivision where there was an oncoming car and a bicycle behind him while there were parked cars to my right.

Idk wtf my car was thinking because there was A LOT of space, but my car dove to the parked cars VERY assertively. I missed the parked cars by maybe 2 inches.

Then it did the same mistake as my first incident. Tried to make a left turn, and stopped in the middle of the turn in the oncoming lane...

I'm downloading now, so probably going out to more users. I really wish when I disable FSD I could return how my car was in the past. FSD is a novelty that is great to see were they are at as far as progress and performance. The reality of it, it's just like teaching your kids to drive with the added bonus of they don't listen to anything you say. I really hope it's not a step backwards.

Ya idk. The major issues i observed was the car making a left turn, but slamming on the brake half way through (putting me in oncoming traffic). I had to floor it to clear the intersection before getting hit by an oncoming car, which originally there was more than enough of a gap to safely make the left turn.

There were no Pedestrians, cyclists, or cross traffic. (This was my first left turn with the new software vs the previous version which never did that).

Another was on a road in a subdivision where there was an oncoming car and a bicycle behind him while there were parked cars to my right.

Idk wtf my car was thinking because there was A LOT of space, but my car dove to the parked cars VERY assertively. I missed the parked cars by maybe 2 inches.

Then it did the same mistake as my first incident. Tried to make a left turn, and stopped in the middle of the turn in the oncoming lane...
From the limited videos I’ve seen, it looked better on most fronts.
Your experience is deflating, because I was hoping for a big step forward.
I just got the download now, so I haven’t been able to try it yet.
I hope it’s better than the experience you’ve had.
If not, I hope an update goes out in a week, and not a month from now.

From the limited videos I’ve seen, it looked better on most fronts.
Your experience is deflating, because I was hoping for a big step forward.
I just got the download now, so I haven’t been able to try it yet.
I hope it’s better than the experience you’ve had.
If not, I hope an update goes out in a week, and not a month from now.
Well.. been using it all day today and i hate this version.

Im so disappointed because im seeing all the good videos on YouTube.

I have been constantly disengaging and reporting for MANY dangerous actions.

Biggest safety issue is that it actively tries to change lanes while in a roundabout (even if there is a car beside me). In general.. it hasn't done a single roundabout properly (went through 11of them)

It's wierd because it goes from "omg this was PERFECT!" To WTF ARE DOING!?!?!" Within a second.

Im done with this version for now. Wish i didnt update.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: TrevTremaine
Well.. been using it all day today and i hate this version.

Im so disappointed because im seeing all the good videos on YouTube.

I have been constantly disengaging and reporting for MANY dangerous actions.

Biggest safety issue is that it actively tries to change lanes while in a roundabout (even if there is a car beside me).

It's wierd because it goes from "omg this was PERFECT!" To WTF ARE DOING!?!?!" Within a second.

Im done with this version for now. Wish i didnt update.
I just had a chance to use it for about 20 minutes. I have to say, I’ve had a different experience for some reason. It’s been quite good for me. The roundabout was much better as well.
Still has glitches, but so far so good.

I’m wondering if you need to calibrate the cameras, or reboot ?

Reactions: Vawlkus
I just had a chance to use it for about 20 minutes. I have to say, I’ve had a different experience for some reason. It’s been quite good for me. The roundabout was much better as well.
Still has glitches, but so far so good.

I’m wondering if you need to calibrate the cameras, or reboot ?
Maybe ill try that, because it has been absolute trash so far.

2022.12.3.20 is the version right? Got back to the car on the way home to work, and there was a download notification pending. Will download when I get home, but I assume this is the same version everybody's getting right?

Edit: answered my own question looking back a few pages. It's the next fsd beta version....I guess I'll see tomorrow if it's better or worse on my route.

I believe one and one only. I will reiterate my theory that Tesla did not award BETA due to any commercial/customer reasons. They awarded to various platforms and configurations to test and compare performance. They know exactly how the refresh cars work so they took one to confirm. I and others dumped the safety score option weeks ago to get the smile back on our faces. I drove in a M3 with the Beta and will wait until the Beta goes to everyone and the score does not matter. I get phantom braking and FCW alerts every single day driving down Guelph Line to Burlington and it was obliterating my safety score while I was driving like Ms. Daisey !!
So even now no model S refresh got it? I opted out after getting exhausted from hearing the wife complain about all these restrictions. Once I opted out in April it took me a while to quit driving like an old man ..

Presumably you reported these things back to Tesla?

10.12.2 is worst than 10.11.2 for me. The car stopped both before and after it entered roundabouts with and without other cars in there. It still tried to get into dedicated bus lanes for left turn, went straight when trying to make a left, and got into the left turn lane when it was supposed to go straight. The performance for roundabouts has really regessed.

This version is two step back and zero step forward for me.

Reactions: McFlurri