Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So even now no model S refresh got it? I opted out after getting exhausted from hearing the wife complain about all these restrictions. Once I opted out in April it took me a while to quit driving like an old man ..
One got it. It is by far not worth being jinked around by Tesla chasing the safety score in the hope that you may get selected. I bought FSD and think that some day I will actually get it when they go for a wider release so I am chill. I just knew it was time to opt-out when even my wife started laughing at me and could not stand it any longer. In the end, there are way too many phantom FCWs that the score will never stay in the 99+ (on my daily commute at least two a day on Guelph line in the right turning curves). I am excited to get it some day but winter will be a much better time to put the car back into CHILL mode and fret about my following distance. Beta on !

So for me today I'd say this is improved. Still not robotaxi ready, but an improvement in my commute to and from work today. There were a couple things that showed improvement:

More assertive making left turns (and to some degree right turns). Admittedly the turns I did today we're easy, clear with no oncoming traffic. But previously the car would stutter the steering wheel a bit on some specific turns. Today those same 5 or 6 turns were much smoother and almost aggressive acceleration coming out of them. Much more like a person would do IMO.

The section of road near my work where it would put me in the middle of an unmarked 2 lane road when rounding a blind turn seems fixed. Though I only went that way once...but it definitely did stay to the right more than previously.

It still doesn't react to or see speed bumps which is a bit annoying as I have a few in around my house. It would be nice if it could remember them like how the Model S remembers where you raise the suspension. I wonder if 'well marked' speed bumps would be accounted for. The ones near me are more like humps and marked with small arrows so not surprised the vision system isn't picking them out right now. Maybe bright yellow ones are visible enough for the car to respond to now?

Overall, I'd say this went from a 13 year old driving to a 14 year old (based on 1 day compared to the past 2-ish months with the previous version).

So for me today I'd say this is improved. Still not robotaxi ready, but an improvement in my commute to and from work today. There were a couple things that showed improvement:

More assertive making left turns (and to some degree right turns). Admittedly the turns I did today we're easy, clear with no oncoming traffic. But previously the car would stutter the steering wheel a bit on some specific turns. Today those same 5 or 6 turns were much smoother and almost aggressive acceleration coming out of them. Much more like a person would do IMO.

The section of road near my work where it would put me in the middle of an unmarked 2 lane road when rounding a blind turn seems fixed. Though I only went that way once...but it definitely did stay to the right more than previously.

It still doesn't react to or see speed bumps which is a bit annoying as I have a few in around my house. It would be nice if it could remember them like how the Model S remembers where you raise the suspension. I wonder if 'well marked' speed bumps would be accounted for. The ones near me are more like humps and marked with small arrows so not surprised the vision system isn't picking them out right now. Maybe bright yellow ones are visible enough for the car to respond to now?

Overall, I'd say this went from a 13 year old driving to a 14 year old (based on 1 day compared to the past 2-ish months with the previous version).
Luckily, my neighbourhood has 'good' speed bumps. FSD sees them.

Best design of any I've seen. They are about six feet front to back and have large white wedges painted front and back. Gentle, non-jarring bumps.

FSD reliably slows to 18 km/h for them, perfect.

• Informative
Reactions: pcons and M109Rider
Screenshot_2022-06-04-17-19-16-40_dea0ed4dc7fea9051b966dd91d80d9ae.jpg

Tears of joy.......as I think I am finally getting it...after 5 long years...

If it is..that means they are opening it up to new users..

One got it. It is by far not worth being jinked around by Tesla chasing the safety score in the hope that you may get selected. I bought FSD and think that some day I will actually get it when they go for a wider release so I am chill. I just knew it was time to opt-out when even my wife started laughing at me and could not stand it any longer. In the end, there are way too many phantom FCWs that the score will never stay in the 99+ (on my daily commute at least two a day on Guelph line in the right turning curves). I am excited to get it some day but winter will be a much better time to put the car back into CHILL mode and fret about my following distance. Beta on !
you should be receiving FSDBeta now as well? Unless you are still opted out?

so isn't that serendipity. I opted out of the BETA program 6 weeks ago so I could unleash my inner child and sure enough, I got the 2022.12.30.20 and my car now has FSD Beta. I am in quarantine after picking up a nice case of Covid so I won't be driving until next Wednesday but now I am excited ! Thanks for the tip mytes. I never connected the download with FSD until your comment.

Last edited:
so isn't that serendipity. I opted out of the BETA program 6 weeks ago so I could unleash my inner child and sure enough, I got the 2022.12.30.20 and my car now has FSD Beta. I am in quarantine after picking up a nice case of Covid so I won't be driving until next Wednesday but now I am excited ! Thanks for the tip mytes. I never connected the download with FSD until your comment.
I did the same thing. A couple weeks ago Elon said he was going to let more in. I turned it on and I’ve been all stressed out again :). Been teetering between 96 and 97. Apparently I’m in at 97

Its truly bizarre. I realize that Teslafi is a small sampling and in Teslafi there are now TWO S Refresh in Canada with FSD and for some reason (I am not on Twitter so I did not harangue Elon) I got it....stumped as I was long opted out and was having lots of driving fun. In my AUTOPILOT setting, the option for FSD Beta has now disappeared. Any other S refreshers get it ? I surrendered to the fact that one day and sooner than later, everyone who actually forked out would get it and I was happy to wait based on feedback from buddies that have it. Go figure.... I will remember this weekend forever as the weekend I got Covid and FSD.