Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats to all those "north of the border" joining the beta! .. But don't forget it is BETA, and yes the car will do things to scare you and/pr frustrate you. You will need to brazen it out, pay CLOSE attention to the car and surroundings at all times, and be prepared for other drivers to honk at you when the car gets nervous. Enjoy!

Reactions: M109Rider and Kiyi
Its truly bizarre. I realize that Teslafi is a small sampling and in Teslafi there are now TWO S Refresh in Canada with FSD and for some reason (I am not on Twitter so I did not harangue Elon) I got it....stumped as I was long opted out and was having lots of driving fun. In my AUTOPILOT setting, the option for FSD Beta has now disappeared. Any other S refreshers get it ? I surrendered to the fact that one day and sooner than later, everyone who actually forked out would get it and I was happy to wait based on feedback from buddies that have it. Go figure.... I will remember this weekend forever as the weekend I got Covid and FSD.
I got the beta today also. Refreshed S. Very excited to try it out.

so a noob question. Does FSD enable the same as Autopilot did (for me?) with a double click ? I assume now there is only one mode and not autopilot OR FSD ?
Enables the same as AP. Basically functions like AP when you dont have a destination in the NAV, but at a dead end intersection it will make a right turn. Other than that it's pretty much like AP with no destination in NAV.

When you have a destination, it will do it's best attempt at get you there without intervention...but pay close attention because it still does some oddball things. Overall still quite impressive for a BETA, but be prepared just like you would if you let your sisters 14 year old drive your Tesla as their first drive after passing their drivers test.

....come to think of it I'm not even sure FSD would pass a driver's test....if someone hasn't made a YouTube video of that they really should. Take a driving instructor and score FSD beta as if it were taking the road test....

so a noob question. Does FSD enable the same as Autopilot did (for me?) with a double click ? I assume now there is only one mode and not autopilot OR FSD ?
Yes .. the car will auotmatically transition between FSDbeta and the older AP/NoA as you move between freeways and city streets. You will be able to tell as the display will go back to the old "gray scale" road display when reverting to AP/NoA. The on/off controls are the same as for Autopilot. Note that taking control of steering will NOT disengage TACC, something that makes sense on a freeway perhaps but can be a surprise on city roads. Tapping the brakes will always drop you totally back to manual control regardless of mode though.

Reactions: Proppilot
Yes .. the car will auotmatically transition between FSDbeta and the older AP/NoA as you move between freeways and city streets. You will be able to tell as the display will go back to the old "gray scale" road display when reverting to AP/NoA. The on/off controls are the same as for Autopilot. Note that taking control of steering will NOT disengage TACC, something that makes sense on a freeway perhaps but can be a surprise on city roads. Tapping the brakes will always drop you totally back to manual control regardless of mode though.
Downloaded but not yet tried. Wonder where on the S refresh screen does one tap to send Tesla an error message? Can’t find any FSD Beta instructions

First impressions:

I have to get used to how fast it accelerates from stop lights. It’s the way I would drive but I was used to turtle mode in regular AP

It’s a bit hesitant on left turns and a bit aggressive on right turns. It performed well but it will be nice when these two are more similar in performance

The new visuals are cool for me too. Love it!!

Got it for the first time. It's cool and impressive! The future is here guys!

There were some situations where it was doing strange things, but still it's impressive.
The main concern for me is how fast it goes in tight residential area (I need to constantly lower the max speed) and how fast it accelerates when turning into tight residential streets. Wondering if setting FSD to chill mode from medium will reduce the acceleration speed in these cases.
Overall it acts more natural than regular autopilot - the way it brakes, accelerates and stops is just more natural without sudden braking when a car in front is stopped and it accelerates faster and immediately once the car in front starts moving. I like that a lot.

Got it for the first time. It's cool and impressive! The future is here guys!

There were some situations where it was doing strange things, but still it's impressive.
The main concern for me is how fast it goes in tight residential area (I need to constantly lower the max speed) and how fast it accelerates when turning into tight residential streets. Wondering if setting FSD to chill mode from medium will reduce the acceleration speed in these cases.
Overall it acts more natural than regular autopilot - the way it brakes, accelerates and stops is just more natural without sudden braking when a car in front is stopped and it accelerates faster and immediately once the car in front starts moving. I like that a lot.
I noticed the speed in tight residential streets too. And it also hugs the middle of the road a bit too much when there’s no lines. I had a dirty look or two in my first drive

Reactions: M109Rider
I just finished installing the software now and will try it out tomorrow. How do I report it back to Tesla if the car does something stupid?
My safety score was sitting at 97. I was able to keep it on 99 for a very long time but wasn't really paying much attention to it lately, so the car bombarded me with unecessary FCW on multiple occasions and that dropped my score.

Do you have 100 miles driven on AP with the SS?
I got about 1500 KMs this past month. Probably like 350 KMs this past week.

None of this is on AP though. I was just driving around normally.

Are you supposed to put it on AP???

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220604-214319_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20220604-214319_Tesla.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 74