Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That makes sense, well damn, guess I fuct up. :(

Time to put it on AP for a bit then - hopefully I can still get in on this wave.
Based on my own strange admittance to the club and depending on how anxious you are to get it, you could opt in - set a high score with a few hundred kms and then opt out. I have no facts to support however my theory is that when I opted out, Tesla had my last safety score in their servers (98) and for some unknown reason (while opted OUT) I got the download. Based on the feedback I am reading with the current release, I am excited to go drive the car !

Downloaded but not yet tried. Wonder where on the S refresh screen does one tap to send Tesla an error message? Can’t find any FSD Beta instructions
You should notice a small camera-like icon somewhere on the touch screen (on the M3 and MY its along the top row os icons). Tap that to send a snapshot of a recent event (it sends LOT of info) to Tesla. If there is additional information you want to send to Tesla about the incident, send them an email at "[email protected]" with time/date/location and the cars VIN.

You should notice a small camera-like icon somewhere on the touch screen (on the M3 and MY its along the top row os icons). Tap that to send a snapshot of a recent event (it sends LOT of info) to Tesla. If there is additional information you want to send to Tesla about the incident, send them an email at "[email protected]" with time/date/location and the cars VIN.
Thanks, so I think as I understand there are disengagements and interventions, what is the difference, apparently one automaticaly sends a video etc to Tesla and the other does not thus the need to press the icon?

Thanks, so I think as I understand there are disengagements and interventions, what is the difference, apparently one automaticaly sends a video etc to Tesla and the other does not thus the need to press the icon?
Intervention is when you "help" the car, for example using a turn signal to tell the car to change lanes (the car will only do so when its safe) or gently touching the accelerator to encourage the car to make a turn when its hesitating. A disengagement is when you take back control from the car, typically by braking, using the PRND stalk or grabbing control of steering wheel (though this second method leaves TACC engaged, a mistake imho). There has been some confusion about whether all disengagements send data back to Tesla, the best approach is to always tap the camera icon if you think the car has done something that needs reporting.

Intervention is when you "help" the car, for example using a turn signal to tell the car to change lanes (the car will only do so when its safe) or gently touching the accelerator to encourage the car to make a turn when its hesitating. A disengagement is when you take back control from the car, typically by braking, using the PRND stalk or grabbing control of steering wheel (though this second method leaves TACC engaged, a mistake imho). There has been some confusion about whether all disengagements send data back to Tesla, the best approach is to always tap the camera icon if you think the car has done something that needs reporting.
perfect, thanks!

Can someone explain what the Navigate On Autopilot button does in cities? My assumption was when you turn it on, the car would use FSD Beta and if it's off, then the car would use regular autopilot (which would allow you to only use FSD beta in selected cases). However it's apparently not true, regardless if NOA button is on or off, the car still drives using the FSD beta. Then what exactly the NOA button does when there is an active route in Navigation?

Can someone explain what the Navigate On Autopilot button does in cities? My assumption was when you turn it on, the car would use FSD Beta and if it's off, then the car would use regular autopilot (which would allow you to only use FSD beta in selected cases). However it's apparently not true, regardless if NOA button is on or off, the car still drives using the FSD beta. Then what exactly the NOA button does when there is an active route in Navigation?
The NoA button applies only to (non-FSDbeta) highway driving, and enables the various auto-navigate on freeway features such as auto lane changes and navigating freeway intersections ("on-ramp to off-ramp"). At present, FSD pays no attention to this setting (nor, to the best of my knowledge, to other non-FSD AP settings), though I suspect this will gradually change as Tesla integrates the FSD and legacy AP stacks.

Speed setting FSD eta….. the speed seems to vary quite a bit, sometimes the indicated on screen speed limit is different to what is on the road sign, and though I have it set to +10 over the speed limit it goes much higher and I keep having to adjust the actual speed. Maybe that part is only for TACC. Though the set speed choice or current speed choice is greyed out now under the TACC settings.
so actually in FSD what speed does it start at and also go to, seems I can increase the speed manually way above the speed limit.

Speed setting FSD eta….. the speed seems to vary quite a bit, sometimes the indicated on screen speed limit is different to what is on the road sign, and though I have it set to +10 over the speed limit it goes much higher and I keep having to adjust the actual speed. Maybe that part is only for TACC. Though the set speed choice or current speed choice is greyed out now under the TACC settings.
so actually in FSD what speed does it start at and also go to, seems I can increase the speed manually way above the speed limit.
In the US at least the car reads (and responds to) speed limit signs, but you can set an offset so that it will go some amount over the set limit (for FSD). You can also, of course, use the scroll wheel to over-ride the current set speed (up or down). The car also responds to speed limit data in the navigation maps. How the car mediates between posted speed signs, nav map limits, and manually selected speeds is not (as far as I know) documented.

I had the same issues as you guys, had it set to 15km over and it goes too fast in residential. That was my setting for autopilot on hwy, changed it to 10% as I’d much rather be increasing speed by scrolling than decreasing it, and that’s worked for me.

Doesn’t recognize speed bumps in my area (Waterloo) and on roundabouts it signals left at the start when going straight—thought that was a bit weird I usually only signal left if I’m going left not straight. That’ll be confusing to people on the opposite side thinking I’ll be turning toward them. Had a few stops in intersections left turn and taking right turns wide for no reason. It’s still pretty amazing and love the visualizations.

I’m super happy to be off the score and taking turns normally!

IMHO.....NO ! (and I am not being cheeky). I was one of the anointed and just drove the car today for the first time with FSD. I will use it to send data to the team and to see how it goes but I will never use it when number one is on board. On my first drive I had to take control twice as it wanted to turn right into the bicycle lane on a straight away so it is learning. I opted OUT of the program six weeks ago for reasons you are considering and was totally content to wait until people who paid for it just got it and then I got it. My theory may be flawed but it appears they kept my last safety score before I deregistered and I made it on the list as #3 in Canada ! I believe Mytes is #2 so two of us got in this round and I was not even opted in. If I was me I would deregister and enjoy your beautiful ride and one of three things will happen, you will get it in a wide wave because you bought it, you will read that there is a release and quickly reenable and get your safety score up or my situation has exposed a loophole and you will get it anyway.

In the end (and only my opinion) it was not worth driving like Ms. Daisy for thousands of kilometres and suffering daily PB and FCW while watch my score kick back each time and me doggy paddle my way back up to 99 to get another FCW for no reason and around the Pavlov axle I went. Liberation was wonderful and then getting it was sublime :cool: because I got the best of both worlds.

Reactions: minirx7
IMHO.....NO ! (and I am not being cheeky). I was one of the anointed and just drove the car today for the first time with FSD. I will use it to send data to the team and to see how it goes but I will never use it when number one is on board. On my first drive I had to take control twice as it wanted to turn right into the bicycle lane on a straight away so it is learning. I opted OUT of the program six weeks ago for reasons you are considering and was totally content to wait until people who paid for it just got it and then I got it. My theory may be flawed but it appears they kept my last safety score before I deregistered and I made it on the list as #3 in Canada ! I believe Mytes is #2 so two of us got in this round and I was not even opted in. If I was me I would deregister and enjoy your beautiful ride and one of three things will happen, you will get it in a wide wave because you bought it, you will read that there is a release and quickly reenable and get your safety score up or my situation has exposed a loophole and you will get it anyway.

In the end (and only my opinion) it was not worth driving like Ms. Daisy for thousands of kilometres and suffering daily PB and FCW while watch my score kick back each time and me doggy paddle my way back up to 99 to get another FCW for no reason and around the Pavlov axle I went. Liberation was wonderful and then getting it was sublime :cool: because I got the best of both worlds.
That was really helpful and thanks. I am so frustrated as my wife hates it and she drives it the most .. when we had opted in and if I need to beat the crap out of something I beat up my truck lol.

But I think when I opted out our score was really low due to my wife getting 45 and 55 scores .. sigh

i havent opted in yet since i was not selected in 1st batch of round and i enjoy driving not having to worry about safety score anymore. I am currently sitting at 2022.16.03 software version and does anybody know if this version is eligible to receive the FSD if i choose to opt in again?