Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just opted in today. I've been holding off to avoid losing radar, but since it's now going away anyway, why not. It sounds like the FSD Beta vision is better than baseline vision, so I may as well opt in.

I'll have my 100kms on AP by the end of the day today, hopefully I'm not too late for this rollout. Would be cool to get it with only a day or two of granny driving!

Did the drive to and from work today. Limited data but on the offramps it didn't speed off like Mad Max, which is good. It did seem like the right and left turns were more smooth with less jerky wheel motion. When it turned off into my subdivision it took the right turn and hammered the accelerator through the turn which was a bit of a shock. Will see tomorrow how consistent this is.

This is not the wide release Tesla was saying would come in a week so I'm guessing limited Canadian cars were added in advance of the next release which should be in another week or so (fingers crossed).

Reactions: corlaandstan
I'm downloading 2022.20.11 now. Looks like the point one release of the beta is coming to Canada now. anyone else get the update?
Got ours Thursday am. 10.69.1.1 Definitely smoother in general, particularly on corners in town. Less hesitation when not sure of the route which is even better when it is going to a programmed destination. Visualizations cover more area too. You still have to be very watchful in town to intervene when it makes a move you don't agree with!
BTW, what is the generally accepted name for FSD?

Last edited:
This sounds like FUD- what proof do you have? Liability always ends with the driver, so this should not be a problem.

If FSD steers you into a problem and you don’t react quickly enough you are responsible. There is no FUD here. I am surprised so many of you are prepared to be Tesla’s unpaid, unprotected beta testers and willing to assume this liability.
Think hard about what you are doing. Your life will never be the same if you cause a fatality and Tesla won’t bail you out.

Reactions: duanra
There is no FUD here.
Sure there is.

If you have an accident and they can prove the car had FSD you may be in for a problem.

So if you are in a collision, and have FSD, how are you in more of a problem then if you didn't have FSD and were in the same collision? In both cases you are responsible. FULL STOP.

Sure there is.

So if you are in a collision, and have FSD, how are you in more of a problem then if you didn't have FSD and were in the same collision? In both cases you are responsible. FULL STOP.
Lots of people have the wrong assumption that Tesla is responsible while FSD is engaged. I am just alerting those that don’t know and informing them of the risk they are assuming.

Lots of people have the wrong assumption that Tesla is responsible while FSD is engaged. I am just alerting those that don’t know and informing them of the risk they are assuming.
OK, but that has nothing to do with this statement:

If you have an accident and they can prove the car had FSD you may be in for a problem.

Because the insurance company doesn't care if you had FSD or not. So they don't need to prove the car had it or not, as it makes no difference.

OK, but that has nothing to do with this statement:

Because the insurance company doesn't care if you had FSD or not. So they don't need to prove the car had it or not, as it makes no difference.
Wrong. My insurance company asked if FSD software is installed. They also asked if I will have snow tires installed in winter. It’s obvious they are trying to lessen their liability and will charge according to their level of risk.

Wrong. My insurance company asked if FSD software is installed. They also asked if I will have snow tires installed in winter. It’s obvious they are trying to lessen their liability and will charge according to their level of risk.
You're moving the goal posts now. You said if you were in an accident they would care about if you had FSD, and that it would cause you a problem. Now you are saying they are asking about it even if you don't have an accident, and about your tires, likely to adjust your rates accordingly. i.e. doing their job. (They have to insure your car for an extra $15k if you have FSD, so yeah the rates they charge should be higher.)

You're moving the goal posts now. You said if you were in an accident they would care about if you had FSD, and that it would cause you a problem. Now you are saying they are asking about it even if you don't have an accident, and about your tires, likely to adjust your rates accordingly. i.e. doing their job. (They have to insure your car for an extra $15k if you have FSD, so yeah the rates they charge should be higher.)
He sounds like a jealous troll. My guess is he’s not getting FSD anytime soon either with the price increase.

Another data point, I also just switched my insurance and they did not ask about FSD. I’m not saying he is lying but at least some companies are not making a distinction.

He sounds like a jealous troll. My guess is he’s not getting FSD anytime soon either with the price increase.

Another data point, I also just switched my insurance and they did not ask about FSD. I’m not saying he is lying but at least some companies are not making a distinction.
Just wait. When more accidents are caused by casually allowing FSD your insurance company will surprise you. I won’t say I told you so but I will be watching to see you and others complain.

• Disagree
Reactions: Vawlkus