Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada - Maps update?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m still on 18.12 but the new maps arrived this morning! May have been coincidence but I just installed a range extender to provide a strong wifi signal in the garage; previously, all my updates came over LTE.

The dashboard display seems faster, love the new features, including the new voice!

Reactions: TrevTremaine
I just updated to 2018.18.2 (Model X 75D )last night after being on 2018.10.4 this whole time and I also do not have the new maps. I'm also connected via wifi.

The map update is separate from the typical updates. I don't believe you even get a prompt for the update until after it's completed. It'll show up in the IP when a destination is chosen.

• Informative
Reactions: Shaz
What version do you need for the maps..? I just took my car out of the SC and there was an update waiting for me.

I just couldn't wait anymore for my brand new Tesla 3 with the latest maps edition!

So, I bought the latest 95th edition Rand McNally maps edition!
I will keep it handy in the Tesla glovebox!

IMG_4022.JPG

Rand McNally | Rand McNally 2019 Road Atlas

• Funny
Reactions: Struja and Shaz
I just couldn't wait anymore for my brand new Tesla 3 with the latest maps edition!

So, I bought the latest 95th edition Rand McNally maps edition!
I will keep it handy in the Tesla glovebox!

View attachment 301743

Rand McNally | Rand McNally 2019 Road Atlas

Perfect!!! I am to going old school, only I am doing it by charging my car old school...

750-emergency-kit.jpg

I can crank by hand and so far, I can get about 2km of charge per hour. I didn't sleep last night, but I did get 20km of charging range overnight.