Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Model S Plaid and LR orders and deliveries!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question for those who have already taken delivery: as it’s getting colder, have you tried using the yoke capacitive buttons with gloves on? Do you need special touchscreen gloves or will regular leather or cloth gloves work? When it gets real cold, I don’t want to have to take my gloves off to drive… thanks!
Won't you just be able to remotely warm the car and steering wheel? The biggest reason my wife likes our existing Tesla is that it's never cold and the engine doesn't need to warm up to generate heat.... that and dog mode.

Reactions: Vawlkus
Won't you just be able to remotely warm the car and steering wheel? The biggest reason my wife likes our existing Tesla is that it's never cold and the engine doesn't need to warm up to generate heat.... that and dog mode.
Sure, you can prewarm the car and have a heated wheel. The benefit of certain models.

But what's the answer to gloves, should the heated wheel not be working, you want/need to wear gloves, your thumb is bandaged, or you have this condition which people with poor circulation or calluses have: zombie finger.

Yeah, dumb questions, but easy answer. I'm curious too. Do the buttons work in those cases?

My pick up scheduled for 21st 9am.. at ottawa.
I’m a first time tesla driver and today i rented a model 3 for the first time… and i was not pleased with the seating posture… i haven’t had a chance to drive the model s yet… but i’m very much concerned now about the seating position.. i currently drive an suv (gv80) and i’m afraid whether the ride quality is going to be bad….
I’m confused whether i should proceed with it or wait for the model x…

Is there significant difference in ride quality and seating posture when compared with model 3?

Anyone moved from an suv to model s plaid? what challenges you had…

And worst case scenario is it possible to trade the car back to tesla after few months if i don’t enjoy it..
I prefer seating comfort of Model 3 over Model S's (and X)... I guess this is just personal, but I know other people who praise the comfortable seats of Model 3.
I think it's seat's shape AND seating position, because Model Y didn't feel as great as 3 even though it has the same seats.

As for the "ride" comfort S beats 3 and X.

Question for those who have already taken delivery: as it’s getting colder, have you tried using the yoke capacitive buttons with gloves on? Do you need special touchscreen gloves or will regular leather or cloth gloves work? When it gets real cold, I don’t want to have to take my gloves off to drive… thanks!

Bump, do you guys find you can operate the yoke buttons with gloves, which ones did you try?
@harry0226
@DanyBerube
@tallshorty
@minirx7
@yamanote

Reactions: sandman1330
So my Model S Plaid delivery is scheduled for Friday the 29th. Trying to insurance the car with two of my current insurance comnpanies without success. Anyone registered / insured a Plaid in the Quebec Province?
I inquired about both plaid and LR through Desjardins. LR was $1600 a year and the Plaid was $700. I questioned the lady regarding the Plaid's ridiculously low cost and even she had to make some calls to understand. Seems like when cars get into the Plaid price range (over $207,000 CDN after taxes + another $20,000 in luxury tax if delivered after Jan 1st 2021) they are mostly garaged, rarely driven, stored in winter and driven carefully therefor low cost insurance not to mention the owner usually has several cars to choose from. I almost pulled the trigger on a Plaid because of this but still could not justify the $50,000+++ price difference for a 1.1 second 0-100 kph difference. Try Desjardins.

Reactions: SilverGS

Yeah, that’s an option, but in the deep cold we get in Edmonton even a pre-warmed car will still have cold surfaces, it takes a long time to warm up when it’s cold soaked at -40!

I gave up on my plaid today, cancelled it at the last minute.
Delivery scheduled for today afternoon...

If anyone is looking for a white plaid, 19s, black interior... Ottawa should have one!

I was super excited about the plaid, but it reached a point where I could not convince my wife about ride comfort...

Reactions: Bitjockey
Picking up the Plaid this week. It seems like the smart thing to do is to remove FSD from the purchase and then purchase later to avoid the luxury tax? Am i missing something?
If you read the rules, any thing added to the vehicle within the first year must be self declared to the government although I highly doubt anyone would check this. If mine arrives after the date then yes it will be removed and replaced later.

If you read the rules, any thing added to the vehicle within the first year must be self declared to the government although I highly doubt anyone would check this. If mine arrives after the date then yes it will be removed and replaced later.

I have had some discussions with some dealers, and they feel that the Luxury Tax wont be ready to come in January 1. However, it is still uncertain if it comes in of couple months later, whether purchases done after January 1 will be taxed after the fact.

Anyways, glad I got my VIN yesterday on my Plaid for delivery next week and Calgary. I also purchased a Maclaren 720S Spider On trade for my current Porsche GT3 this week because who would want to pay $40,000 in tax for the same car next year.

I gave up on my plaid today, cancelled it at the last minute.
Delivery scheduled for today afternoon...

If anyone is looking for a white plaid, 19s, black interior... Ottawa should have one!

I was super excited about the plaid, but it reached a point where I could not convince my wife about ride comfort...
I've been driving my Plaid for a few days now and absolutely love it.

I’m getting close to my EDD and hope it makes it in before Jan 1. To make matters worse, I’m out of town Dec 24 for two weeks so hoping the delivery call doesn’t come during this window. I’ve already got winter wheels on order (Nokian Hakkapeliitta R3).

Oakville
LR S black with cream interior, 19s
RN115207xxx
Ordered June 25
EDD Nov 29-Dec 19

The wait is getting a bit ridiculous and if I have to pay a luxury tax I’ll be annoyed to say the least although will hold my nose and go through with the purchase.

Reactions: Bitjockey