Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Model S Plaid and LR orders and deliveries!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t use glove to drive but I can try it and let you know

The local dealer in Edmonton just let me know they have a refresh on the lot for me to go check out. I’ve been hounding them for months that I don’t want to buy a $130K car that I haven’t even had a chance to see beforehand! They finally have one to check out, though apparently I can’t test drive it.

I’m going this afternoon, and I’m going to bring gloves and see if they work.

• Helpful
Reactions: Dan D.
The local dealer in Edmonton just let me know they have a refresh on the lot for me to go check out. I’ve been hounding them for months that I don’t want to buy a $130K car that I haven’t even had a chance to see beforehand! They finally have one to check out, though apparently I can’t test drive it.

I’m going this afternoon, and I’m going to bring gloves and see if they work.

So the Edmonton dealership currently has 4(!) Plaids on lot, of varying configurations. At least one is for sale, a black/cream/19” that I got to check out. Not sure about the others, or whether they are waiting on delivery.

So, gloves: good news. I tried 2 pairs of leather gloves, one touchscreen compatible and one not. Both work on both the yoke buttons as well as the touchscreen, despite the non-touchscreen pair not working on my phone. One pair has a cloth back, which did not work on the yoke or screen.

Therefore, according to my small sample size, it seems leather gloves are good to go, but not cloth gloves.

Model S just had a $6000 CAD price hike in Canada. Our cars are appreciating.
Screenshot_20211023-075039_Chrome.jpg

So the Edmonton dealership currently has 4(!) Plaids on lot, of varying configurations. At least one is for sale, a black/cream/19” that I got to check out. Not sure about the others, or whether they are waiting on delivery.

So, gloves: good news. I tried 2 pairs of leather gloves, one touchscreen compatible and one not. Both work on both the yoke buttons as well as the touchscreen, despite the non-touchscreen pair not working on my phone. One pair has a cloth back, which did not work on the yoke or screen.

Therefore, according to my small sample size, it seems leather gloves are good to go, but not cloth gloves.

I went to the Calgary back lot and the prep building at the end of the black. There are 11 plaids that I could see (5 red, 2 blue, 1 black, 1 white, and 2 grey). I did see one grey LR as well. Most have black interior, but I saw a Red with white, a white with white and Red with beige.

Unfortunately, my Red order with white is not there despite it showing delivery Oct 25-Nov1

Reactions: Bitjockey
I went to the Calgary back lot and the prep building at the end of the black. There are 11 plaids that I could see (5 red, 2 blue, 1 black, 1 white, and 2 grey). I did see one grey LR as well. Most have black interior, but I saw a Red with white, a white with white and Red with beige.

Unfortunately, my Red order with white is not there despite it showing delivery Oct 25-Nov1
My EDD range for a Grey LR in Calgary started today but I have heard zip.
Even resorted calling them up today in the hopes they may be able to give me an idea of the EDD is possible. But nothing.

My EDD range for a Grey LR in Calgary started today but I have heard zip.
Even resorted calling them up today in the hopes they may be able to give me an idea of the EDD is possible. But nothing.
My EDD often got to the day with nothing happening and then kept getting pushed back. Its only until it got shortened to 14 days did it appear to mean anything, because then I got a VIN a couple if days later and the car showed up a week earlier at the dealer than the actual EDD.

Once I got a VIN they started calling me to set up a time, and when I told them I was planning to decline but still waiting on my white interior build, they lied saying white interiors wont show up until March. When he said that, I asked how that could be true when I already saw one in the lot out back. He changed his story then.

My EDD often got to the day with nothing happening and then kept getting pushed back. Its only until it got shortened to 14 days did it appear to mean anything, because then I got a VIN a couple if days later and the car showed up a week earlier at the dealer than the actual EDD.

Once I got a VIN they started calling me to set up a time, and when I told them I was planning to decline but still waiting on my white interior build, they lied saying white interiors wont show up until March. When he said that, I asked how that could be true when I already saw one in the lot out back. He changed his story then.
That’s a little unprofessional. 😞

As predicted, my EDD was bumped this morning, back by a week. Still a 2.0 day window though. 😩
I wouldn’t mind so much, but last month it was down to a two day window for EOQ that came and went.

It’s been said before but I’ll say it again; for all the genius brains working at Tesla, they clearly have zero idea how to predict delivery dates.

That’s a little unprofessional. 😞

As predicted, my EDD was bumped this morning, back by a week. Still a 2.0 day window though. 😩
I wouldn’t mind so much, but last month it was down to a two day window for EOQ that came and went.

It’s been said before but I’ll say it again; for all the genius brains working at Tesla, they clearly have zero idea how to predict delivery dates.
This late in the game getting bumped is probably a good thing - higher chance to get a 2022 VIN.

I have a prior to price increase reservation for a red MSLR due for January that I won’t buy now that the Plaid is scheduled for next week.

Do you guys know if I can “sell” my spot to someone so he can save the price hike?

Bump, do you guys find you can operate the yoke buttons with gloves, which ones did you try?
@harry0226
@DanyBerube
@tallshorty
@minirx7
@yamanote
I have never driven a car with gloves. i will tell you this. I rather my F150 steering wheel any day of the week, but i am okay with the yoke.
However I will NEVER EVER be okay with the yoke buttons. it is literally the stupidest thing i have ever seen. I litearlly hover my finger now when i think i need to horn someone, because it is SO NOT natural to just press the centre of the wheel!!

One time, i was goign, and some ass ran a stop sign. .I was NOT able to find the horn in time, and i drove around the idiot, without the ability to beep the horn at all. I tried covering it (apparently that was a software update), but no go there.

I am and always will be an AVID signaler (i always signal my intentions!!). Since this car, i sometimes didnt press the button right, or the wheel the wheel is cocked in a way not to find the right button. So dumb.

Hope that helps.

Like others here, I finally got my VIN last week, with EDD range of Nov 2 -10, just a week from now at the earliest.

Wondering what the typical notice people are seeing to schedule their delivery appointment? I emailed Vaughan (my pickup location) yesterday morning, also put myself in their call back queue, and so far, crickets. It would be good to get some heads up so I can schedule PPF, winter tire install, etc. 🤔

This morning tried to get my 2015 S85D safety inspected at Kal Tire in preparation for private sale, was told my rotors were scored and needed replacement in order to pass. That's scheduled Nov 8 at Vaughan, who knows, instead of a loaner I'll get my new S. 🤞