Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Model S Plaid and LR orders and deliveries!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's the white interiors holding you guys up. I also think in Canada, all Plaids come with CF, right? CF is another hold up being discussed alot in the general forums.
...along with chips, airbags, and whatever is the new excuse. Still doesn't explain why there's no deliveries north of the border thus far except, perhaps, they haven't finished Canadian certification possibly?

Reactions: Bitjockey
...along with chips, airbags, and whatever is the new excuse. Still doesn't explain why there's no deliveries north of the border thus far except, perhaps, they haven't finished Canadian certification possibly?
I saw somewhere on one of the groups that their MO is to ship outside of the US at the beginning of the quarter and reserve the end of quarter for west coast deliveries.
The start of Q3 was far too close to the initial release so I imagine Q4 is when all Canadian deliveries will start. My own order is currently estimated for mid October, and I don’t think I’ve seen any Canadian orders with an EDD before October (correct me if I’m wrong) Which makes sense if the above is true.
Of course, I don’t believe there is a source of this MO. Just anecdotal as far as I can tell, so take it for what it’s worth.

• Informative
Reactions: TrevTremaine
I saw somewhere on one of the groups that their MO is to ship outside of the US at the beginning of the quarter and reserve the end of quarter for west coast deliveries.
The start of Q3 was far too close to the initial release so I imagine Q4 is when all Canadian deliveries will start. My own order is currently estimated for mid October, and I don’t think I’ve seen any Canadian orders with an EDD before October (correct me if I’m wrong) Which makes sense if the above is true.
Of course, I don’t believe there is a source of this MO. Just anecdotal as far as I can tell, so take it for what it’s worth.
Model X, EDD of "September". Not a hope in hell.

Well it does seem Canadian orders that do not include white interior are estimated for Q4, while white interiors are into next year. This is consistent with the US buyers, and deliveries in the US seem to be moving nicely along now. All the evidence points to a holdup on white interior (and maybe CF as well). Chips, airbags, etc would affect all trims.

I've heard that too, and again, the dates being given by members of this board support that hypothesis.

Either way, I'm going to cancel if it goes into next year. I'm not paying that luxury tax for a car that isn't a luxury car!

I have my DD for the 3rd quarter. Window is now Sept 2 to Sept 18... The first date has slipped from August 25 originally.

MS Plaid, CF, 21"s Black on Black, FSD.

I’m in Vaughan and ordered a LR, black, black interior, 21” rims, and have a delivery date of Sept 2-18… but it used to be august 25th and each day it gets moved by a day.

still no VIN#… it’s all mumbo jumbo.

no one knows anything, these dates mean nothing.
This is good! (I think!)
It means that the algorithm is not just saying Canada = Q4.
I love to be corrected when it means good things for everyone. 🤞🤞🤞

My EDD is sep 06- sep 26 and I know three other person who have Edd in September. We will see

So I had a call from Tesla Canada, not from a Service Centre. As you’ll see from my signature I have a Plaid+ conversion on order from December 2020 and I had a request out to change the colour from Red to Blue. The (helpful) person on the line told me that ”California“ have stated that it would be subject to the new pricing so the change would cost me $10k effectively. Obviously this stings a little given how much they have jerked me around and the car will be a year late.

Anyway I decided to ask about my RN1143 Plaid+ conversion as the EDD is blank, the helpful guy checks and tells me that it is not listed for build by the factory and that’s all he can see. So the Plaid+ RNs look like they are at the back of the queue for some reason.

Most pertinent for readers of this. I then asked about my RN1147 Plaid order that is showing as October 17 - November 6.…. He said that it is showing as “factory gated” for December this year!

I’m pretty dissapointed at Tesla and I was hoping that after their mea culpa email that they would at least try and make their subsequent EDDs more accurate.

I asked about my Model X and there’s no hope of it happening this year… My wife is super not happy about her car being delayed indefinitely at this point… Rivian R1S + Tesla‘s super charger network is what I’m hoping for now. As with before, someone knows that their estimates for S & X are total BS but they aren’t telling their customers with orders… not cool.

Last edited:
So I had a call from Tesla Canada, not from a Service Centre. As you’ll see from my signature I have a Plaid+ conversion on order from December 2020 and I had a request out to change the colour from Red to Blue. The (helpful) person on the line told me that ”California“ have stated that it would be subject to the new pricing so the change would cost me $10k effectively. Obviously this stings a little given how much they have jerked me around and the car will be a year late.

Anyway I decided to ask about my RN1143 Plaid+ conversion as the EDD is blank, the helpful guy checks and tells me that it is not listed for build by the factory and that’s all he can see. So the Plaid+ RNs look like they are at the back fo the queue for some reason.

Most pertinent for readers of this. I then asked about my RN1147 Plaid order that is showing as October 17 - November 6.…. He said that it is showing as “factory gated” for December this year!

I’m pretty dissapointed at Tesla and I was hoping that after their mea culpa email that they would at least try and make their subsequent EDDs more accurate.

I asked about my Model X and there’s no hope of it happening this year… My wife is super not happy about her car being delayed indefinitely at this point… Rivian R1S + Tesla‘s super charger network is what I’m hoping for now. As with before, someone knows that their estimates for S & X are total BS but they aren’t telling their customers with orders… not cool.

Sigh… that’s unfortunate. I wonder if your white/CF interior is holding it up. I feel bad for you but am (not so secretly) hoping that’s the issue and my blue/cream/wood will come sooner…

Was August, now Feb. Quite a shock to be hit with 6 month delay and 0 notice.

Wait - that might be good news!

There’s a known bug where the day you get your VIN, it changes to Feb for the day, like the system is transferring your file from production to delivery.

Keep checking, you will probably get your VIN today!

Edit: oh but I see you have white interior, that’s a hold up for some. I‘m still hoping for you to get a VIN today!

Last edited: