Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Model S Plaid and LR orders and deliveries!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a VIN thru the Google Chrome extension. Delivery in Quebec City between Oct-27th and Nov 4th. Plaid white interior.

Hi, I'm glad to see some white interiors are getting VINs.

Can I ask your RN? Mine is RN115122919 and it keeps moving, now says Oct 16 to Nov 5, but no VIN yet.

My second reservation with Black interior RN115463450 has a VIN with delivery set up for Oct 22nd in Calgary, but I plan to cancel this unless the white interior one gets pushed back again,

Hi, I'm glad to see some white interiors are getting VINs.

Can I ask your RN? Mine is RN115122919 and it keeps moving, now says Oct 16 to Nov 5, but no VIN yet.

My second reservation with Black interior RN115463450 has a VIN with delivery set up for Oct 22nd in Calgary, but I plan to cancel this unless the white interior one gets pushed back again,
What’s the rest of your order?
I have RN1148 in Calgary. LR / MSM / Black / 19’s. EDD of Oct 23-Nov 12th but I have no VIN and have heard nothing from Tesla. 😩

When you use the trick, your order is placed into the back of the order queue. So some people have really low RN# number but modified their config after the initial order and fail to mention that.

You can edit an existing order by going to:

https://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/edit-design/RNxxxxxxxx
Sorry not sure I understand. What would I modify it to? Assuming I don’t want to change anything

Just got delivered Plaid S in Vancouver.
After owning a few S since 2014, and currently having X and 3, I think I am having buyer's remorse with this Plaid.
It surely is very nice, and the acceleration is stupid fast, but overall feeling is that it isn't for me.
The yoke and controls isn't too bad, but the normal wheel and controls are obviously much more natural. I wonder if there is any upside in getting used to the new thing?
Anyone had that feeling?
Does anyone know Tesla's refund/return policy and tax implications (if any?)

Just got delivered Plaid S in Vancouver.
After owning a few S since 2014, and currently having X and 3, I think I am having buyer's remorse with this Plaid.
It surely is very nice, and the acceleration is stupid fast, but overall feeling is that it isn't for me.
The yoke and controls isn't too bad, but the normal wheel and controls are obviously much more natural. I wonder if there is any upside in getting used to the new thing?
Anyone had that feeling?
Does anyone know Tesla's refund/return policy and tax implications (if any?)
Congratulations on the Plaid, sorry to hear you have some remorse, i'm sure that won't last long.

What was the build quality like? Did you inspect the vehicle against the common Plaid issues list from TMC?

Where there many plaids being delivered in Vancouver?

Reactions: Zloy
Congratulations on the Plaid, sorry to hear you have some remorse, i'm sure that won't last long.

What was the build quality like? Did you inspect the vehicle against the common Plaid issues list from TMC?

Where there many plaids being delivered in Vancouver?
Yes, I think (hope) you're right about the remorse thing...
I didn't go through the inspection list, there were a couple of vert minor scratches that I don't really care about, but other than that nothing really noticeable.

As far as the overall build quality, I can say that I don't see any improvements from the days of my first model S in 2014 (and I don't have any complaints about it). It's OK, but not comparable to Toyota / Lexus. It's not to say it's bad, it's just something that is definitely not perfect. Panel gaps etc have regular Tesla tolerances but I personally don't see any obvious defects.

As opposed to many YouTube reviews, I would disagree that the interior or ride quality is on par or beats "luxury" brands. I think "luxury" brands (i.e. Lexus, Mercedes, BMW) still beat Tesla as far as interior quality and build is concerned. But Tesla does have a better and cleaner look and feel, which is more important to me. Same for the ride comfort and NVH - it's good, but not better than others. Definitely nothing "mind blowing".

Surprisingly, I find that my Model 3 has better sound quality and a much more comfortable driver's seat.

I am not whining though, obviously, you can't buy any other car that has it all: Plaid level of performance + comfort + utility for any money. So overall, nice car, but isn't gonna "blow your mind" if you had S/X/3 before... After driving this Plaid, I started to appreciate Model 3 even more - it has so MUCH value for the price.