Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Model S Plaid and LR orders and deliveries!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stuck behind a paywall!! Anyone have a login that can read and summarize? Any other info?

In any event, I’m making an appointment with my SA this week to look at the new numbers with lux tax implemented and see what I’ll be facing. I’ll advise if I get any more info.

Looks like my white/cream Model S LR 19" will be ready for pick up on the 28th. Ordered on July 19th 1153. Problem is I will be leaving on vacation on the 26th for a couple of weeks. After reading all the crap about needing to be there in person, firm pickup dates, losing the car etc, I went to my local SC and asked about someone else picking up the car, was surprised to hear no problem as long as they have a bank draft for the full amount and a power of attorney. Even said they could drive it to my place and put it in my garage where the transaction would take place. Good news is I will beat the luxury tax if in fact it is implemented Jan 1st.

My service rep/salesman even mentioned it may even arrive a couple days earlier than listed in his system as he has seen this many times in the past. Said he would put it in priority for prep so we can pick it up on Christmas day now that he knows we will be leaving. Great positive experience at the SC.

Reactions: Bitjockey and Tz00
Hi Midnightsun, you can also prepay by bank draft ahead of time if you will be away and yes they will put it in your garage. The contract actually says pick up within 3 days or it is gone however I went through the same issue as you in September and spoke with a Tesla Executive who assured me that with the S and X they are always held if things are put in place. This situation freaked a ton of people out in September when they finally started to ship to Canada (and even to the US) and people were going to be away. The wait will be worth it.

I am hesitant to pay ahead of delivery inspection because if there is an issue and it is refused, I seriously doubt they will give me my money back which is not exactly pocket change. Sat in a plaid they had in the showroom, was actually surprised how low and small it felt compared to my Y. Headroom, seat height and trunk space are superior by quite a bit in the Y. None the less, nice car. Can't wait to see how it rides, the Y is rather harsh at times but does improve with my winter setup on 19" wheels.

Reactions: Proppilot
Is anyone interested in assuming my RN? It's pre-price increase $114000- Black/black LR 19"
EDD was dec 20-31, but it moved to Late jan-feb. I simply cannot wait anymore. I'm looking for a small monetary compensation for letting someone assume my RN.

Stuck behind a paywall!! Anyone have a login that can read and summarize? Any other info?

In any event, I’m making an appointment with my SA this week to look at the new numbers with lux tax implemented and see what I’ll be facing. I’ll advise if I get any more info.

Met with my SA at the Edmonton dealer today to run some numbers. Apparently they haven’t received any direction from Tesla head office on when or how to start implementing the lux tax. In this case, no news may be good news - if only 2 weeks from the implementation date they have not received any direction to start applying the tax, it would seem to be on hold for the time being. Doesn’t mean it can’t happen last minute, but so far so good. Fingers crossed!🤞

Reactions: Bitjockey
Lux tax did not get implemented for Jan 1st FYI. Maybe sometime in 22. There are plaids all over the place just waiting to be picked up. Last week there was a black/white on the showroom floor in Laval, a few days later there was a black/black on the floor. Both did sell rather quickly. Will update you on what is on the floor comes Monday as I am scheduled to pick up my model S LR. :)

Reactions: AMGF
Anyone know when the Ontario government typically "approves" vehicles for the green plates?

Got a 2022 VIN and it came with the blue plates on delivery. Seems like a pain to have to switch plates at some point.
Well, I see some makes are already on the list for 2022 models, but not Tesla.

Strange, yes, a hassle to switch, maybe worth it for HOV lane access.

Reactions: leonwu
Took delivery of our 2022 Model S LR White/Cream on 19" wheels 2 days ago. Very positive experience and was pleasantly surprised as I could not find a single item wrong with it. Paint and fit, gaps and panels, trim and finish all were as good as it gets. After getting it home, in better light, my wife noticed a very small blemish on the soft cream colored trim of the dash on the passenger side. It is so small that maybe they will refuse it, we'll see.

Car was delivered with P Zero high performance summers in the dead of winter while it was snowing. Here is my "square" dedicated winter wheel/tire set up which I immediately installed literally 30 minutes after I drove away with the car. Did have everything on hand since October due to expected shortages/delivery times. 19" square winter setup

Car is amazing in every respect. Being I have over a year behind the wheel of our Y and had a week or so time to get into the new holiday UI, the learning curve was rather short.

I have the acceleration boost option on the Y but there is no comparison, the S pulls like crazy. Glad I did not spend the extra 50k on the Plaid.

No issue whatsoever with the yoke and it's mounted controls, in fact I really like the flashers which I thought would be an issue. The yoke is liberating so to say as having nothing above really makes a difference which you must experience to understand. I do not understand those who do not like the yoke, then again some people like white cars and others black.

Surprised how small the frunk is compared to the Y and even rear hatch space is greatly reduced compared to the Y. Going to miss the secondary shallow space found in the Y, under the hatch floor as it does not exist on the S.

I should mention the cars are delivered with the front licence plate adapter installed which is fine if your province/state requires front plates that is. I did mention to not put it on and was told they legally cannot do so as the car was crash tested with it on and must be delivered so. FYI, it is only stuck on, no holes are drilled. Remove the 3 screws to remove the painted exterior portion. Use a heat gun and heat the black remaining portion until quite warm/hot. Pull from one corner and pry off slowly. Takes quite a bit of effort, a little patience, but it does come of cleanly. The remaining tape was easily removed just by pulling/peeling.

The Y is now my wife's ride and the S mine. Time sell the Mercedes GLC AMG. :cool:

Last edited:
2022 MSLR Blue with white interior, regular wheels, no self drive…… my delivery is coming up in 2 weeks but I don’t want the car now….. can I transfer the booking at the new retail price to someone? I am locked at the old price, will transfer it for the current retail price…… I’m in Vancouver, any takers?

2022 MSLR Blue with white interior, regular wheels, no self drive…… my delivery is coming up in 2 weeks but I don’t want the car now….. can I transfer the booking at the new retail price to someone? I am locked at the old price, will transfer it for the current retail price…… I’m in Vancouver, any takers?

I have your same design but my eta is March/April in Vancouver. I messaged my SA and if you “reject” it technically I could take it over with my reservation. I’d be willing to take it early. PM me if interested