Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada MX from USA or best to buy/lease locally

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

Getting a new position in Vancouver from Europe and selling my brilliant S75 locally

But I want to get a MX or maybe MS in Vancouver and checking my options.

Can I buy in the US and drive across to Canada?

Is there a lease takeover market in Canada?

Any options greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Dan

There is a fantastic dealership and service department in Vancouver. I am not sure the benefit of buying in the US - especially since their dollar is so strong. The used market for MS in Canada should be fairly good.

Thank you. I have booked a guest drive for Vancouver and in email chat with them. I am due to travel early April so getting as much done now so I can almost have a car 1-2 weeks after arriving. LeaseBusters site has been helpful also.

Hey Dan, I was contemplating all this very recently. I decided to order & buy my X in Vancouver. Just took delivery about a week ago so getting a little extra protection for the paint and what I consider a must-have is a dash cam.

Just a couple notes, getting a 75D or 100D without the 'P' is a lot cheaper! Secondly, they probably informed you at the sales center BC taxes for luxury vehicles is to go up in April. Provided there is an existing one just made with color & options you can order that one, should be with you before the April tax hike. Feel free to PM if I can assist. :)

Hey Dan, I was contemplating all this very recently. I decided to order & buy my X in Vancouver. Just took delivery about a week ago so getting a little extra protection for the paint and what I consider a must-have is a dash cam.

Just a couple notes, getting a 75D or 100D without the 'P' is a lot cheaper! Secondly, they probably informed you at the sales center BC taxes for luxury vehicles is to go up in April. Provided there is an existing one just made with color & options you can order that one, should be with you before the April tax hike. Feel free to PM if I can assist. :)

Great news. I have been in touch with Vancouver, the Robson Street dealer, were they good to deal with?

I see a few X for sale now and the odd lease take over, there was an X 2 weeks ago for CA$92,000 base X75 with AP1 which would have been perfect.

Yes also noticed the sales tax increase on luxury models.

Great news. I have been in touch with Vancouver, the Robson Street dealer, were they good to deal with?

I see a few X for sale now and the odd lease take over, there was an X 2 weeks ago for CA$92,000 base X75 with AP1 which would have been perfect.

Yes also noticed the sales tax increase on luxury models.

I dealt with the one over on West 4th, close to Granville Island and they seemed pretty good. I can safely say Robson will treat you just as well. If you get pre-owned / lease takeover I think you'll be safe from the tax increases. Think they apply to 125k+... could be wrong so please do double check!

Let me know what you end up with! :)

I dealt with the one over on West 4th, close to Granville Island and they seemed pretty good. I can safely say Robson will treat you just as well. If you get pre-owned / lease takeover I think you'll be safe from the tax increases. Think they apply to 125k+... could be wrong so please do double check!

Let me know what you end up with! :)

Will do, I have my eye on a X60D with AP1, can upgrade to 75. Lease takeover. Outside this I will be at Vancouver Tesla dealer you never really know if some cars are coming online that we just do not see for a few weeks, which I can reserve perhaps.

I kind of wish I had put a deposit on that X75 for $92K... :)

Was curious so checked online "passenger vehicles with a purchase price of between $125,000 and $149,999 will see an increased PST from 10% to 15%. For vehicles that have a price greater than $150,000, the PST is now even higher at 20% from 10%."

Was curious so checked online "passenger vehicles with a purchase price of between $125,000 and $149,999 will see an increased PST from 10% to 15%. For vehicles that have a price greater than $150,000, the PST is now even higher at 20% from 10%."

Seems like I must make sure I look for an X (or S) under $125,000. Base model 75 new comes in at $102,000 if I have configured correctly, I see a 75 for $111,000 via Tesla online.