Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada/Ontario - lease buyout experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can anyone explain the lease buyout process for Ontario? Thus far, I've paid the residual balance, was informed by the leasing team (US) that the buyout had been completed from their end and someone from Tesla somewhere in Ontario would contact me to sort out the paperwork and get the registration under my name. Thus far, it's about 3.5 months since I did all the work I needed to do to complete the buyout, but can't reach a solid person to find out what the heck to do next. The paperwork from Tesla leasing was completed 2 months ago. Tesla leasing is not responding either.

My original delivery centre (Lawrence) says they're not involved and have no information to provide me. Frankly, this whole experience plus longer delays on the Model X are driving me nuts.

Can anyone explain the lease buyout process for Ontario? Thus far, I've paid the residual balance, was informed by the leasing team (US) that the buyout had been completed from their end and someone from Tesla somewhere in Ontario would contact me to sort out the paperwork and get the registration under my name. Thus far, it's about 3.5 months since I did all the work I needed to do to complete the buyout, but can't reach a solid person to find out what the heck to do next. The paperwork from Tesla leasing was completed 2 months ago. Tesla leasing is not responding either.

My original delivery centre (Lawrence) says they're not involved and have no information to provide me. Frankly, this whole experience plus longer delays on the Model X are driving me nuts.

Their process has always been horrible.
Email me at [email protected] and I will contact someone who should be able to help.
John is possibly your best bet. He’s got deep connections.

Reactions: TrevTremaine