TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Canada order update (Got invite)

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by coconutboy84, Mar 27, 2018.

1. coconutboy84

coconutboy84 Member

Just wanted to let everyone know that I JUST received my invite to configure. I am in Toronto Canada and ordered in-store at about 1:30pm on the 31st of march. Hope this helps!

• Like x 2
  2. Knight3000

Knight3000 Member

How is this possible? Today is the 27th....:confused:

3. coconutboy84

coconutboy84 Member

Lol, i mean march 31st 2016 :p

4. radekrybs

radekrybs New Member

I also got an invite today at 809pm. I made deposit online. It was actually open a few min before the official time so got in early I guess. I was #108k. London, Ontario.

Attached Files:

• Like x 2
  5. Daliman

Daliman Member

Ordered online 31/3 as soon as it went live. Non owner. Config went live tonight. Many others getting offers today in Canada.

• Like x 2
  6. pmich80

pmich80 Between U and me I'm giddy waitin' for the Model ≡

Got mine too. Was in line in the morning on 3/31/16. In-line reservation at 10am

• Like x 2
  7. CaptainKirk

CaptainKirk Member

got mine too! Non-owner, line waiter. Reserved March 31st at Yorkdale!

• Like x 2
  8. DavidP

DavidP Member

Yeah! Got mine too. Montreal 104th in line, non-owner.

• Like x 2
  9. kengchang

kengchang Active Member

The push to Canada to delay reaching 200K until Q3 in the US has begun!

• Like x 1
  10. 03DSG

03DSG Active Member

#10 03DSG, Mar 27, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
    Ordered tonight. :)

• Like x 1
  11. dandurston

dandurston Member

Ordered yesterday. No invite :(

12. HYPERION

HYPERION Member

Just got off the phone with a sales rep, said they cannot guarantee anything with respect to wait times for AWD or RWD LR, which is expected. HOWEVER, I was expecting them to be more liberal in their approach to allow for order cancellation if June comes and goes, PC wins and scraps EV incentive, and I'm still stuck with an order I can't get EV incentive on. She said basically it's not their problem: whatever happens, you're stuck with the M3. I guess that's fair on their part, it just sucks not knowing accurate delivery, and the June 8 deadline being so close. Also the fact that you have to place an order while you still can't test drive the 3. Too many unknowns. Do you guys think it's worth the risk ordering straight away?

• Informative x 1
  13. Knight3000

Knight3000 Member

Nice everyone! Thanks for clarifying. I ordered last week and I am a Model S owner. They ensured me I would be put in front of line because I want to get before PCs come into power. I was at Tesla yesterday, they told me I should get my invite in a week or so but non-owners still getting invites. Not that I am complaining, those who ordered first should get the invite before me, I just hate that they lied. :mad:

14. Tony_YYZ

Tony_YYZ Tezler Guru

I was told by Tesla Oakville that I CAN cancel and get my deposit back if the rebate is nullified. The fact that they are advertising the rebate and showing the discounted price of the car during the ordering period is grounds to fight it alone.

Think about it, how many people know that there is an official EVIP listing of vehicles? Probably mainly the real enthusiasts for the most part. When Joe Blow who reserved gets his invite to configure, goes through the process and in the final summary page they are greeting with numbers showing that the car qualifies for a $14k rebate and it even shows that rebate deducted from the purchase price then proceeds to order. If it's announced that the rebate does not apply later on, then the cost structure that Joe Blow thought was he was purchasing no longer applies. It would be an easy case to warrant a refund.

The terms of the sale would have changed in a significant way based on what you thought you were going to pay.

• Like x 2
  15. ToyM3

ToyM3 Member

I got my invite to customize my Model 3 today! Premium upgrades are expensive! Will find out today if the rebates are still available for the Model 3.

16. Tony_YYZ

Tony_YYZ Tezler Guru

How are you finding out?

17. ToyM3

ToyM3 Member

Found this website, Eligible Electric Vehicles

Will need to make phone calls and to find out for sure. Tesla is not listed on the website:( Need to investigate.

18. Tony_YYZ

Tony_YYZ Tezler Guru

Check the Canada subforum. Already a huge thread going on about people trying to contact all channels regarding this.

19. ToyM3

ToyM3 Member

Called the Ministry of Transportation yesterday and the sad part is that the Tesla Model S and X was taken off the list and the Model 3
    has not been added:( The question is whether its going to be added or not is getting me a bit nervous. Last year I spoke to one of the sales people and he assured me that they will take care of the paper work for the government incentives. I guess that's not going to happen unless the Model 3 makes it on the list.

20. Knight3000

Knight3000 Member

The PC's cancelling the rebate is really dumb. We pay 13% Tax here in Ontario, the rebate basically just gives us the taxes back...they make it sound like the government shouldn't be purchasing your car...dumb logic.