Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Plaid Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Red/White/19" Plaid on order for months.

It said July for months, went blank, and then a few days ago said August.

Today I got an email from Tesla saying they are sorry about a change to the delivery date. Now is says February. This sucks because of the 2022 Federal Luxury Tax that is supposed to be coming, so the price goes up $18,500 with the 2022 Tax added!

I went online and new orders were saying Dec/Jan if the interior is black, so I made another order this morning with Black interior to try to get it before the Tax kicks in. But after I do the order, it immediately says March. So that was a waste of $100.

It does look like White interior is delayed 2 months, so I can ask my broker if I can change to black to try to get it before the 2022 Luxury tax, but I assume that will have a $10,000 fee as I bought it before the price increase.

Very disappointing.

Reactions: Aleks0404
Because my original order with white interior order says “february” as of yesterday (and subject to the Luxury tax that Still hasnt been ratified in Parliament, but likely will), I ordered the same car in black interior yesterday.

Immediately after I ordered it yesterday, it said “March”, which is even worse as the first order was before the $10,000 price increase.

Today, they changed the order I did yesterday to “Sept 3-17”. Weird.

I will call my dealer to see if I can get the original order changed to black interior and not have to pay the $10,000 price increase. Unlikely, I suspect.