Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada: Potential Paint Protection Wrap Group Buy (Xpel)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With my car coming in next week, I've been looking around and getting quotes from various dealers of Xpel, 3M, Suntek etc. for paint protection based wraps.

These things can get really expensive as I've now found out, and as I'm already pushing myself financially with the car purchase itself, I'm trying to minimize any further expenses.

As such I'm hoping to leverage the power of volume to get a discount from one of the guys here in the Greater Toronto Area.

If I can get some kind of numbers as to how many people are interested I can try to negotiate something with these guys.

Generally speaking they're open to negotiations as long as we can get them firm numbers.

Some quotes I found (prior to our group discount):

Full Exterior Wrap + Interior badges + Seat Backs
Xpel/3M: $5500
Suntek: $4500

One of the guys I was speaking to said depending on the amount of people, the discount can go anywhere from 5-15% on these things depending on the amount of people. Once I do have a firm number, I can try to negotiate a deal.

Considering most of the guys in the states are already paying 4-8k USD for this stuff, its a pretty good deal even as it is, but another 15% off and I'm happy :)

Updated Aug 4/2016: I have contacted a few more dealers of XPEL, and I was advised that if there are at least 3 of us that commit together, they can give us $4600 CAD for a full wrap with full seat protection and interior emblems, etc.. You have an option for $4600 CAD if paid in cash or + tax (13%) if by credit card.

@wallstguy, I might have to drive to Toronto from DC for that complete package. Here they want 700-1200 USD just for the 4 seatbacks. Supply and demand works both ways so good for them if they can get it. Ironically, I just visited two weeks ago in a rental minivan thanks to Tesla being late with delivery. Love Toronto BTW. Seriously, how long will they need the car for this?

Last edited:
Haha thats crazy Jason! Usually its us Canucks driving down across the border for a deal.

Given the current exchange rate, this costs you guys down south $3500 for the complete package, so the 1200 for the seats alone is crazy!

The guy I was speaking to said they like to keep it for a week. 1 day is for "prep" of the material which can be cut down if a deposit is paid to them before hand, it takes 2-3 days for a full install, and then 1-2 days is what they like to keep it for to let it dry out and make sure its "perfected".

@long These guys are shop in the GTA, but a user named "generic" mentioned he got a deal from a place in Kelowna BC (not sure how close that is to Vancouver) for $3500 (+ taxes I'm assuming) for the full exterior wrap (interior seats not included)
Canada: XPEL Paint Protection Wrap Group Buy ($4600CAD Full Wrap) | Tesla Motors

Also since someone messaged me to ask this, thought I'd mention it here too... these guys are one of the shops listed as an authorized installer on the xpel site

Got my X fully wrapped with Xpel ultimate including the seat backs, C-quart (hydrophobic) coated on Xpel and with some protection coating on the wheels..was surprised to see the iron deposits and whorls, apparently these have to be fixed before the Xpel film is wrapped.. Not all the installers do detailed preparation prior to wrapping, I paid 6,000/- plus.

Attachments

• iron stains.jpg
    iron stains.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 126
  • rough.jpg
    rough.jpg
    396.3 KB · Views: 119
  • whorl.jpg
    whorl.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 114
  • c-quartz.jpg
    c-quartz.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 120
  • wrapped.jpg
    wrapped.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 115
  • Iron.jpg
    Iron.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 117
  • done.jpg
    done.jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 116
Was quoted $5,500+tax for The same package you got by another installer (not the same one doing it for $4,600 without c-quartz).

I guess with the 13% HST in Ontario, would've worked out to the same deal haha.

I was told theres no big advantage in getting C-Quartz if you're doing a full wrap by some friends so figured it wasn't worth it.

Wish I had time for it, but I guess I am back to looking for wrapping seatbacks only and ceramic coating exterior. Great deal you are getting for local folks.

Jason, Driven Dynamics in Rockville quoted $125-150 per seatback for a vinyl wrap (not XPEL), and $5K for wrapping the entire car in XPEL Ultimate. Exotic Vehicle Wraps near Dulles quoted $7K for wrapping the full car.

Did you get any better quotes around DC?

So, I'm getting my second Model X at the end of the month, and thought I'd set this up again - FULL BODY XPEL + Seat Backs

Same installer as last time (Did a fantastic job!), and same rules as last time. Need 3 cars in total committed to get the "group" pricing.

Pricing is slightly more this time around (installer claims its the impact of the USD, and seasonal demand where he can't do it for any less).

Price: $4,800 CAD (includes tax) (That's $3600 USD for those close to the border who may want to drive up)
Minimum: 3 people need to participate (I'm one, so 2 more!)
Installer: Authorized XPEL shop in the GTA (I was asked not to post their name in public due to pricing).
Includes: Full body XPEL PPF Wrap + Seat backs

If anyone wants to see their work, you can check out my X in person if you're in the Brampton/Mississauga area

Just need 3 people (in total, currently have 2) to commit to get the pricing, and it can be done individually at your own convenience.

It took 3 days on my first X, one day for them to Prep it, 2 days to actually install. Although if you pay them a deposit ahead of time, they do the "prep" work (i.e. cut the pieces needed) ahead of time so it could potentially save you a day.

Why didn't this start out as an Ontario group buy... there is more to Canada than just the GTA :cool:
Cause Toronto is obviously the centre of the universe :D

I just wasn't thinking I suppose haha. Also figured given that Ontario and Quebec are currently the most popular for EV's (due to incentives I suppose), should be close enough to get interest from the majority haha.

• Funny
Reactions: 3s-a-charm