Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CANADA Version 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So in the main 7.1 thread it is 99% about the one feature we don't get in Canada (Summon)

How about a thread where we talk about what 7.1 actually does for us.

Specifically I want to hear about these new AP restrictions. Considering my car knows the speed limit on a road less than 50% of the time, how does it handle this situation? How well does it know if there's a centre divider? How many false positives do the restrictions generate?

We could also talk about the new UI, any screenshots? what has changed? new power meter? the new AP display? what's new?

I'm still waiting to be prompted for the update but no luck so far (2015 S60 w/AP).

Missing out on the summoning feature is disappointing but I expect that it'll follow in a future update. I'm looking forward to trying the perpendicular parking and the AP improvements - fixing autopilot's tendency to take highway exits if you're in the right lane will resolve a major annoyance.

The new AP restrictions aren't anywhere near as dire as some of the earlier predictions - speed limit +5-10kph is pretty reasonable. It'll be interesting to see what it defaults to when it doesn't have speed limit signs to read.

The new AP restrictions aren't anywhere near as dire as some of the earlier predictions - speed limit +5-10kph is pretty reasonable. It'll be interesting to see what it defaults to when it doesn't have speed limit signs to read.
As I posted in some of the earlier speculation threads, I have zero issue with the spirit of these restrictions. My problem is with the likely reliability of them. The car is positively horrible at seeing and reading speed limit signs accurately, it's mapping is atrociously out of date, I just can't imagine that it's likely to have any good way of knowing what the speed limit is, or if it's on a divided road, so the last thing I want is to be on a 6 lane expressway and it suddenly thinks I'm on a nearby side street and refuses to work at even half the real speedlimit when today it works just fine.

I'm eager to update, but there's absolutely no way I'll do so until I have heard a lot more people experience it and give their impressions. Ideally Canadians, because for some odd reason it seems the car handles our maps and speed limits less reliably than those south of the border.

Still pretty early yet.

Too bad we didn't get summon, wondering if it works if you back into garage and how much incline is too much or if the lip on my garage mats is too high.

Not sure about the auto dimming of the displays, almost goes too low in the dark so that things look 'blurry'.

Auto Pilot - could be just the snow on the sides of the roads, but almost like the system is relearning again, seems to be wandering more than 7.0

TACC - still need time to get used to the changes to see if I like them or not

Haven't set up garage door auto open/close yet, maybe tonite when I get home

Improved auto-wipers: yes it does appear to work better. Still waits too long before clearing the windshield.

Homelink: Didn't work leaving the garage the first time; since then it's worked perfectly. I have to stop myself from reaching for the touchscreen! After over three years of doing that it's a hard habit to break.

Remote App: Apparently the ability to trigger Homelink remotely from the App is only available in the USA. What the heck Tesla? The update adds nothing.

Didn't they say an improved UI is coming with 7.1? Nothing here.
I'm hitting the road now to Ottawa. I will be testing out the enhanced trip planner. Also, trying out Port Hope SC for the first time.

@Doug_G I "might" pass by your office charger tonight if I end up arriving with a very low range. I regretted being cheap and using Hotwire for my next 3 nights in Ottawa. I should've gone with Best Western since they got a charger. :-(

9dbcfdf98d5a3fc49a8f1d693dca3086.jpg

What a start!